Search for content in message boards

Samuel Janes of Adair Co Ky mid to late 1800's

Replies: 1

Re: Samuel Janes of Adair Co Ky mid to late 1800's

Posted: 11 Jun 2012 5:37PM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: Gean/Jean/Jane/Jayne (e, es, s) Families
You could be looking for John Samuel Janes born abt 1844 in KY. He was the son of John Janes and Luvina "Viney" Golliher.

However, I am not sure...here is what I know about him:
1850 - I have yet to find his parents/family on the 1850 census.
1860 - He is listed as Samuel age 16 born in Adair Co., KY
1870 - I can find his mother in Adair Co., KY, but can't find him. I think he might be enumerated incorrectly...there is a John S. Janes (age 95) with a Lucinda age 18, living in the dwelling before his mother Luvina. Note: If John S. Janes is not Samuel, I have no clue who he is.
1880 - He is enumerated as John S. Janes age 34 born in KY, with wife Nancy J. age 19 born in KY (enumerated with his mother)
1900 and after - I have never been able to find him.

Adair Co., KY Marriages shows the following marriage that might be him:
John S. Janes m. Lucinda Keeth 20 Mar 1870 (he was 24 so born abt 1846 and she was 18 so born abt 1852)
There is another marriage for John F. Janes who m. Nancy J. Mosby 16 Feb 1879 (he was born abt 1852 and she was born abt 1858). I haven't seen the actual document though to see if the middle initial is correct, or even if it is, I guess it is possible it is wrong. However, if this is him his birth date is off again, so I just don't know.

John Samuel Janes is a bit of a puzzle to me and the only other hint that he might be who you are looking for is that he did have a sister named Malvina.
http://www.gean-ealogy.com/genealogy/getperson.php?personID=...
SubjectAuthorDate Posted
judbun56 10 Jun 2012 11:58PM GMT 
memmathis 11 Jun 2012 11:37PM GMT 
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | Privacy | Terms and Conditions