Search for content in message boards

Janis family info

Replies: 1

Re: Janis family info

Posted: 4 Aug 2012 9:57PM GMT
Classification: Query
Just curious if you have found out any more information on the Janis line you are researching. I am not having much luck, but found out some interesting information just today that led me to your message here. My grandmother was named Sophie Janis and married Charles Kubin. She was born about 1913. I always thought she was born in Illinois or Indiana. I first find her on the 1930 census married to Charles in Chicago, IL. A family record has her father as Stanley Janis and her mother as just Amelia. She died when my father was young and my father died when I was young - so there is really not a lot of first hand knowledge for this line. Then today I searched the 1940 census and find Charles and Sophie in Chicago with all my father's siblings (he was not yet born in 1940). The intersting new fact I saw was her birthplace - it was listed as Maryland. I wonder if you George might be related to Stanley somehow?? If you found anything else out that you think might be applicable to the above - please let me know. My family tree is under michelle robins or mrobins if you can view it.
SubjectAuthorDate Posted
pszafran79 6 Jul 2011 1:11AM GMT 
patsy61brock 5 Aug 2012 3:57AM GMT 
per page

Find a board about a specific topic