Search for content in message boards

Jankes of West Prussia - Emil, Augusta (Clara), William?

Replies: 1

Jankes of West Prussia - Emil, Augusta (Clara), William?

Posted: 3 May 2011 10:18AM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: Janke, Klinger, Hutzelmann
My great grandfather, Emil Janke, was born somewhere in West Prussia in 1865. He came to the U.S. - apparently alone - in 1882, then brought his mother (Augusta Clara) over a few years later. Based on the few documents I have obtained, Augusta's maiden name was Klinger (or some variation thereof). She was born around 1830 and was married to William (Wilhelm?) Janke. She came to the U.S. after William died, but I am not sure when he died.

Once in the U.S., Emil and his mother settled in Queens. He married Frances Hutzelman(n) and they had 10 children, 8 of whom survived. The children were Thomas, Luke, Frank, Sadie, Dora(thea), Agnes (died as an infant), Frederick (died as an infant), Grace, Clara Augusta, and Julius (my grandfather).

These are all names that seem to be very common - I keep getting mixed up with the "Wisconsin" line of Jankes, but I don't know if they're related to William, Augusta, and Emil at all.

Any information out there?

Thanks,
Kristin
SubjectAuthorDate Posted
trapgirl98 3 May 2011 4:18PM GMT 
Schatzie4 7 Nov 2011 7:34PM GMT 
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | New Privacy | New Terms and Conditions