Search for content in message boards

Jansens in Illinois

Replies: 4

Re: Jansens in Illinois

Posted: 31 Aug 2012 4:33PM GMT
Classification: Query
It seems we are talking about the same family, but where did you get the 1836 birthdate? I have 1826 for Elizabeth Brummer Jansen. What date do you have for the marriage? I have 1842, but have no documentation beyond the 1883 History of Effingham County. If 1842 is correct, 1836 is not likely her birthyear as she would have been 6 at her wedding. Her first children were born in early to mid 1840s.
I do have J.B. Brummer and Margaret Suer as her parents.
I would love to find any documentation for the early years in this country, but beyond the ship record for the Jansens, I am striking out. I have the wills for both Anton and Elizabeth and have been following the various siblings.
I was told John Bernard had a brother Herman who lived at Bishop. Anton Jansen was named the guardian of the children of John H. Brummer in 1875. Is Johann Henry Brummer another brother to these men, or were there only two Brummer brothers in Effingham County?
I haven't poked around too much in the Brummer tree but I did find an interesting article about their journey to Effingham County from St. Louis.
I would be happy to compare notes on either family. Are you in the Effingham area? I will be at a wedding there this weekend.
If you care to continue corresponding, you can use my regular e-mail, awmitchellclanATsbcglobalDOTnet.
SubjectAuthorDate Posted
mitchellclan_... 22 Jul 2011 1:38AM GMT 
thorjansen1 20 Jun 2012 2:02AM GMT 
mitchellclan_... 24 Jun 2012 6:06PM GMT 
Karen Koch 31 Aug 2012 6:02PM GMT 
mitchellclan_... 31 Aug 2012 10:33PM GMT 
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | New Privacy | New Terms and Conditions