Search for content in message boards

Christine Jensen and Jorgen Madsen family, Jorgen immigrated from Denmark 1892

Replies: 1

Christine Jensen and Jorgen Madsen family, Jorgen immigrated from Denmark 1892

Posted: 19 Oct 2007 9:10AM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: Jensen, Jenson, Madsen, Madson, Matson, Betker
My grandfather, Francis Matson's biological parents were Jorgen Madson and Christine Jensen. Jorgen immigrated from Denmark in 1892. He applied for naturalization in Hutchinson, MN in 1896. He married Christine abt 1897 and they lived in Hutchinson until abt 1906, then moved to Iron River, Bayfield county, Wisconsin. They had eight children, all boys. Christine died in 1914, after giving birth to a son, who also died.
Christine was born abt 1878 and immigrated abt 1884. According to the 1900 census, her father's name was SC (Soren)Jensen, born abt 1835. He was a widow. He died 28 May 1923 in Richland county, Montana. She also had brothers Torvel and Lager and sisters Anna Betker and Mrs. A.G. Betker.
After Christine died, the children were all adopted out. Francis was adopted by Tony Madsen and his wife Mary Jensen, who, I believe lived in Rice county, MN. It would be obvious that either Jorgen or Christine would be related to one of them, but I haven't been able to make a connection. I do not know what happened to the other children or to Jorgen. I would like to hear from anyone who knows anything about this family. Thank you.
SubjectAuthorDate Posted
debbiespartz 19 Oct 2007 3:10PM GMT 
pamelakcr 30 Aug 2012 7:18PM GMT 
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | Privacy | Terms and Conditions