Search for content in message boards

John Edward Johnson Osterberg Bro Gallard Jonkoping Sweden- 1869 Immigration to Minn.

Replies: 1

John Edward Johnson Osterberg Bro Gallard Jonkoping Sweden- 1869 Immigration to Minn.

Posted: 18 Mar 2010 2:41PM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: Johnson Osterberg Broberg
I have hit a brick wall with Johannes "John" Edward Johnson. He was born Nov. 16, 1855 Bro Gallaryd Jonkoping Sweden and immigrated to St. Paul Minn. USA in 1869 with his aunt Mrs. Osterberg and her four children, two boys & two girls. He was orphaned around age 8, I am not real sure who his parents are or what happened to them. I am not sure how Mrs. Osterberg is his aunt, I found the writing in a bible that belonged to the family. He settle in the Carver and Meeker county areas of Minnesota before moving on to Canada in 1900. I believe his father may be John Johannesson b.1831, I have found references to relatives changing their last names from Johnson to Broberg due to where they lived in Sweden upon too many Johnsons in the Minnesota area. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
SubjectAuthorDate Posted
amsenger 18 Mar 2010 8:41PM GMT 
Virginiars123 21 Mar 2013 12:05PM GMT 
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | New Privacy | Terms and Conditions