Search for content in message boards

Enoch Johnson of VA and KY

Replies: 1

Enoch Johnson of VA and KY

Posted: 27 Jan 2013 8:11PM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: Johnson, Thornton
I have located the will for Enoch Johnson who died in Owen County, KY in 1849. Would love to share with cousins and other Johnson researchers.

Does anyone have any details about his marriage(s)? His will states that he is the father of Thomas T. Johnson who I believe to be Rev. Thomas Thornton Johnson. Thomas' bio in several books states that he is the second son of Rev Enoch Johnson. Enoch's will shows Thomas T. as the second son. Thomas' bio states that his older brother is George Sumner Johnson. Enoch's will states that his oldest son is George S. Therefore I believe that the Thomas T referenced in this will is Thomas Thornton Johnson. However, I am not certain. Thomas' bio states that is mother was Elizabeth Thornton and that she died while he was an infant. However, Enoch appears to have married Sytha in the 1790s in VA and she was his spouse upon his death. Could there be two Enoch Johnsons with sons named George S. and Thomas T.?
SubjectAuthorDate Posted
Lisa Marley 28 Jan 2013 3:11AM GMT 
ruthannrealto... 29 Jan 2013 7:53PM GMT 
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | New Privacy | New Terms and Conditions