Search for content in message boards

Johnson, Mississippi/Florida

Replies: 0

Johnson, Mississippi/Florida

Posted: 10 Jun 2013 6:54PM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: Johnson,Henry,Baker
Searching for William Calvin Johnson (3/17/1857 – 8/27/1896), born in Mississippi (town unknown), died in Florida. Buried in Eliam Cemetery, Melrose, Florida. Lived in Campville/Hawthorne, FL. When he came to Florida is unknown. Parents names are unknown. He married Eddie W. Raines (aka “Edmund” or “Winona” on census documents). Marriage certificate is dated Dec. 11, 1886 in Alachua County, Florida. He does not appear on the 1880 Florida census (before they were married) and the 1890 census does not exist for that area. By the 1900 census, he has died and therefore not listed. They had 2 children – Mildred Katherine Johnson, aka “Katie,” (4/28/1892) and Eddie Marie Johnson (1894-1896, day and month unknown). William and Eddie were only married for 10 years. Their second child also had a short life and died in the same year as her father, perhaps of the same cause (?) which is unknown.
Eddie married again in 1898 to John Perkins Henry (1856 - 1940). She had one daughter and 3 sons (one son died in infancy) from this marriage.
William Calvin Johnson is said to have had a sister, Bessie Johnson who married a man with the last name “Spivey,” and they had two children – Bubba and Vera. It is believed that they lived in Florida also, at least for a while. That information was given to me by my cousin who, along with me, is a great grand daughter of Eddie Raines Johnson Henry. Eddie’s daughter, Mildred Kathrine Johnson married Robert Britton Baker (11/15/1886 – 4/7/1958) and they had three sons. Robert Britton Baker, Jr., William Patrick Baker, and George Floyd Baker. G. Floyd Baker is my father.

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | New Privacy | New Terms and Conditions