Search for content in message boards

James Johnston - married to Amity Welch Penn 1810

Replies: 7

Re: James Johnston - married to Amity Welch Penn 1810

Posted: 3 Sep 2008 4:33PM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: Johnstun, Johnston, Welch, Walker, Givens
Carrieduck, I did meet your mother and father when my sister took me to meet them years ago. We also visited the cemetary in Ramah. Your grandfather, Jesse Johnstun, is a favorite of mine and he came quite often to Kirtland to spend time with mother. I am excited to get in contact with you. Call 208-227-6849 to give me your address and I will be glad to mail you a copy of the diary of William James Johnstun. If you do not have it, I can also send a copy of a picture of him with two other Mormon Battalion members who were honored at the 50th anniversary celebration of the discovery of gold at Sutter's mill. I also have a copy of a talk which he gave in church not long before he died whichgives further insight into his life, and also a copy of a testimony concerning the discovery of gold which he told in the presense of his borther-in-law, Samuel Young, who married his sister, Clara. Of course, I am interested in anything connected to James Johnstun and his wife Amily Welch. I did find an Amity Welch in Connecticut. Someone had connected her to another Amity Welch as her daughter, but the dates did not fit. Dates tell me that it would have had to be her grandmother. I also wonder if the second names of their sons, Jesse WALKER Johnstun and George GIVENS Johnstun have anything to do with the family lines.I would really like to connect up with any of the decendents of either of these men. There was a reunion of Jesse Walker Johnstun's decendents posted on line a few years ago, but when I tried phone the contacts, I was unable to get through. Any information you have would be appreciated.
I am anxious for you to call so I can share my information with you.
SubjectAuthorDate Posted
zubbiemom 31 Dec 2004 9:25PM GMT 
anival311 22 Aug 2008 6:30PM GMT 
carrierduck 31 Aug 2008 2:31AM GMT 
CLaVina31 3 Sep 2008 10:33PM GMT 
Joseph Johnst... 3 Oct 2008 12:55AM GMT 
mmathews85 15 Sep 2010 9:03AM GMT 
rdjohnstunr 12 Aug 2009 5:20AM GMT 
Vera Hoge 10 Aug 2009 9:04PM GMT 
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | New Privacy | New Terms and Conditions