Search for content in message boards

Information on William Humphrey Jones

Replies: 0

Information on William Humphrey Jones

Posted: 3 Feb 2013 3:13PM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: Jones, Hidy
I am looking for information on my gg grandfather, William Humphrey Jones who was born in North Wales (possibly Denbigh) in 1816. He emigrated to the US around 1842 and settled initially in Cincinnati Ohio and attended medical school. He then relocated to Fayette County Ohio where he died in 1894. He was married to Olivia Hidy. I am looking for information to confirm his place of birth as well as his parents names. According to the book "History of Fayette County, Ohio: Her Peoples, Industries and Institutions", their names were William and Jane and that after William died, Jane and three other children emigrated to the US to follow her son William and that Jane died at sea. The book indicates that the orphans continued the journey and reached Cincinnati where their brother cared for them. Two of the names of the children were given as David and Jane. However, I can find no record of them and would appreciate any information anyone else might be able to provide.

Thanks,
Candy Shelton

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | Privacy | Terms and Conditions