Hello, My family tree goes back to Major Thomas Jones & Freelove Townsend. Thomas was b. 1665 in Strabane, Tyrone, Ireland. He d. 1713 in Massapequa, Nassau Co. NY.
Freelove Townsend, daug of Thomas Townsend & Sarah Coles was b. 1674 in Oyster Bay, Nassau Co. NY. She d. 1726.
My records show their children:
1. Sarah L. b. 1695 Newport RI, d. 18 Aug 1696 Newport RI.
2. David b. 16 Sep 1699 in FT Neck LI NY. d. 11 Oct 1775, marr 22 Nov 1722 to Anna Willett (b. 1704).
3. Freelove b. 1700 d. 1768.
4. Thomas b. 1704 d. 13 Nov 1741.
5. Sarah b. 1703 Hempstead L I NY d. ? Marr 19 Oct 1719 Hempstead L I N Y to Gerarus Clowes (b. 27 Apr 1699), NOTE: Sarah & Gerarus are my ancestors.
6. Margaret b. 1706 d. 1768 Marr 1st. Ezekiel Smith, 2nd John Hill.
7. Elizabeth b. 1710 d, 1768.
This only is some of the data I have. Please comment
Research shows that "Jones Beach" LI NY was named for Major Thomas Jones.
The NY Genealogical & Biographical Society has published stories concerning this family.