Search for content in message boards

Charles H. Jones, Elizabeth Jones, Sarah Jones, Lovett Smith

Replies: 0

Charles H. Jones, Elizabeth Jones, Sarah Jones, Lovett Smith

Posted: 15 Oct 2001 7:24PM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: Jones, Brown, Smith, Downs
I am searching in South Georgia for some record of Charles H. Jones and/or his daughter, Elizabeth Jones. Also Sarah Jones who was probably a relative but not his daughter.He was born in Fredericktown, Maryland in 1753 and married Polly Downs. Daughter Elizabeth was born 7-17-1811 in Flat Creek,Elbert County, Georgia. Elizabeth married Benjamin Tarpley Smith 11-8-1838. Charles Jones lived to be 111 years old and died in Georgia. Sarah Jones was born in Schley County 4-1-1841 and married Lovett B. Smith, son of Benjamin Tarpley Smith on 8-11-1861 probably in Schley County. From Georgia Archives I have learned that Sarah J. Smith applied for Confederate Pension in 1894 as the widow of Lovett B. Smith. One of the witnesses who attested to the fact that she was indeed the widow of Lovett B. Smith was Catherine O. Smith who was my Great Grandmother. Looking for anything further on the Jones's and/or Lovett B. Smith.

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | New Privacy | New Terms and Conditions