Search for content in message boards

JOUETT, BAILEY, BROWN, RUDDOCK - CONNECTION

Replies: 2

JOUETT, BAILEY, BROWN, RUDDOCK - CONNECTION

Posted: 15 Mar 2009 12:16PM GMT
Classification: Query
My name is Tracey Wilson, and I have been trying for 11 years to trace my Great Great Grandmother's family history with little success until about 5 days ago. I discovered that my GGGrandmother's uncle, Walter Bailey was living in Rapides Parish, Louisana at the time of the 1850 census. I also pieced together that her Mother must have been a Bailey. Since making the connection I have run into a brick wall. Here is what I think:

My GGGrandmother's name is Theresa Ruddock/Ruddick she married Charles Edward Jouett sometime between 1851 and 1853 in Louisiana. She is from England and in the 1850 census she is listed as living with family of William Prince Ford. His wife had passed and I believe that she was hired to be a governess for the children. Her Uncle Walter Bailey is also in the 1850 census. I believe that Theresa came to the US with him (on the 1850 census she is listed as 18 years of age). Her is where my research is not as strong: So if Walter Bailey is her Uncle then Her Father is the Ruddock/Ruddick and her mother is the Bailey. I have found information on the Bailey side which suggests that I am on the right track:

William Bailey Marries Elizabeth Millard (October 26, 1801 in St. Swithins, Walcot, Somerset, England) and from this union they have 6 children (Elizabeth Bailey,b. 1804, James Bailey,b. 1806, Diana Bailey, b. 1816, Wlliam Gregory Bailey, b. 1817, Mary Ann Louisa Bailey, b. 1808, and Walter Bailey, b. 1814; all in England). Elizabeth marries John Ruddock and they have three children (Ann, Theresa Ruddock, and James Matthew Ruddock) Elizabeth and John Ruddock migrate to Australia in 1851 on the "The City of Manchester" ship. I have the passenger list showing that this is true. They leave London on March 9, 1851 saile to Portsmouth before sailing on March 24th, 1851 for Adelaide, South Australia and arriving on July 16th, 1851. With them is there daughter Ann and in Oct., 1851 Elizabeth has her third child James Matthew.

Now here is why I think that this is right: Walter Bailey Married Margaret Gertrude Allen In Cheneyville, Rapides Parish, Louisiana. They had 6 Children One of which is Martha Esther Bailey. Martha Bailey marries a Henry Jackson Brown and they have 8 children: one of which is named Edward Jouett Brown. (this person marries and names his son Edward Jouett Brown, Jr)
I believe that this is the connection to the Bailey family, but cannot make any headway on John Ruddock.

I have searched in England and have found nothing on the Ruddocks. I have left messages on Genforum, Rootsweb, and even an English website, which has yielded nothing at all. So, I was hoping that you might be willing to shed some light on a direction on which I should go or even some direct help on this John Ruddock.

I would take any help you could give me. Thanks in advance.
SubjectAuthorDate Posted
tgrfanwilson 15 Mar 2009 6:16PM GMT 
carolcutter28 3 May 2009 11:59AM GMT 
tgrfanwilson 3 May 2009 12:56PM GMT 
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | New Privacy | Terms and Conditions