Search for content in message boards

Joyal/Platt/Loiseau of Massachusetts/Rhode Island

Replies: 1

Joyal/Platt/Loiseau of Massachusetts/Rhode Island

Robin Taylor (View posts)
Posted: 22 Feb 2006 6:40AM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: Joyal, Platt, Loiseau
I am looking for ANY info regarding these families in either Rhode Island or Massachusetts (probably Fall River). I am unable, even after 15+ years, to find out any info re: my maternal great-grandparents. I am looking for info on the parents of Elmer Eugene Joyal and his wife, Margaret (nee Platt). Elmer was born Jan 25, 1900 near Warwick, RI, (Arctic Center?), and died Oct 1974 in Fall River, MA. Elmer's parents are supposedly Oliver & Lula (nee Bowen) Joyal. I can find no info on their birthplace, or dates. Margaret Joyal (nee Platt) was born April (21st?), 1901 in Fall River, MA. Her parents were George Platt (born in England) and Rose (nee Loiseau) Platt (born in NY). I was only able to get a "birth abstract" rather than a birth certificate on Margaret...apparently due to a fire at the hall of records. Other than Margaret's parent's names & birthplaces, I can find NO additional info. I understand that Rose's name may actually be ROSALIE, but cannot find confirmation on that either. I assume that the birthdates for both sets of great-grandparents would be right around 1880. As I said before, I've been stalled at the same place in my search for the last 15+ years, so ANY information would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance for any assistance.
SubjectAuthorDate Posted
Robin Taylor 22 Feb 2006 1:40PM GMT 
aclark03 21 Apr 2010 4:32AM GMT 
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | New Privacy | Terms and Conditions