Search for content in message boards

Roswell Calvin Judd (1789-abt 1856); Connecticut, New York and Illinois

Replies: 2

Roswell Calvin Judd (1789-abt 1856); Connecticut, New York and Illinois

Posted: 12 Sep 2002 8:08AM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: Judd Peck Walker Scott Williams Bellamy Curry Coolidge Griggs Hill Terry
Is anyone researching the family of Roswell Calvin Judd and his wife, Lucy?

I have some basic information on them: Roswell Calvin Judd was born 20 May 1789 in Waterbury twp., New Haven, Connecticut. His parents were Roswell or Rossell Judd and Lois Scott. His paternal grandparents were Isaac Judd and Anna Williams. The pedigree extends back to Deacon Thomas Judd.

Roswell left Connecticut and went to New York State for a while and this is supposedly where he wed Lucy. [Lucy's maiden name was possibly Peck.]

Roswell and Lucy moved to Indiana and then to Illinois. By 1830 they had settled in Greene Co., Illinois. He is listed in the federal census records for 1830 (Greene Co., Illinois) and 1850 (Jerseyville, Jersey Co., Illinois). Lucy seems to have died prior to 1850 because Roswell was only living with his youngest daughter, Nancy. Roswell's occupation is listed as a cooper.

The children of Roswell and Lucy were:
Laura Ann Judd (married James A. Curry and later Albert G. Griggs)
Larman Judd (only know his name)
Lavina or Lovina Judd (married Henry Coolidge)
Paulina Harriet Judd (married Jonas Walker in May 1840)
John Wesley Judd (only know his name but family tradition states he may have been a soldier in the Civil War).
Lucy Priscilla Judd (married James Franklin Bellamy).
Eliza Caroline Judd (married Miles Terry).
Nancy Emilia Judd (married Martin L. Hill).

Roswell probably died about 1856 in Jersey Co., Illinois.

If you are also researching this family, please contact me. I would be willing to share what information I have with you.

Mary S. Scott
SubjectAuthorDate Posted
GreatLakes092... 12 Sep 2002 2:08PM GMT 
daverichardso... 10 Jul 2007 3:19PM GMT 
daverichardso... 9 Feb 2012 5:31PM GMT 
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | New Privacy | Terms and Conditions