Search for content in message boards

William Judd 1769-1824, Armstrong, Bolender, Mason Co KY, Clermont Co OH

Replies: 4

William Judd 1769-1824, Armstrong, Bolender, Mason Co KY, Clermont Co OH

Posted: 3 Mar 2005 11:28AM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: Judd, Bolender
William Judd and Hannah Armstrong had Mary Anne, Melinda, Ezekiel (my great grandfather), Rezin, Corbin C., Mahala, and Mahulda 1792-1805. Hannah died and William then married Catherine Bolender and had Margaret, Stephan, Mariah, Daniel Nelson, Milton Asbery, Mandalentry(?), Melva, and Mary Elizabeth 1808-1824. I find that Ancestry.com lists William's father also as William both from Harford Co MD, and his grandfather as Daniel. It also offers a second choice for the younger William as coming from Wales but lists no further information. I am inclined to believe the latter choice because a History of Illinois which includes A History of Sangamon Co published about 1875 says of William as "coming from his native land, Wales". I wonder if anyone has any hard evidence of who my gg grandfather was and from where he came?
My other question is who was William's second wife in about 1807? The one World Family Tree of Stephan Bolender b. 1756 d. 1820 offers two choices from his stable of 17 children: (1)Catherine Bolender b. 1779 Berks Co PA, d. 1820 and (2)Catharine Bolander b. 1786 Clermont Co, OH, d. 1841. Note that Bolender has at least three different spellings. I would think that the first Catherine would be correct since the second Catharine was the only child by Stephan's first wife not born in PA. Perhaps Stephan made an expedition to the wilds of Southern OH in 1785 to scout out his future farm site and engaged in some extracurricular activity. On the other hand, Catharine might not be Stephan's daughter but of one of the other many Bolenders. Looking through the Bolender family tree, there were enough Bolenders to populate half of Southern Ohio and the obvious confusion is evident in many of the entries in Ancestry.com. Does anyone have any hard evidence about who William's wife was?
The Judd/Bolender paths crossed again a couple of generations later with Rezin Americus V. Judd marrying Sarah Bolender in 1876.
SubjectAuthorDate Posted
rhjdd 3 Mar 2005 6:28PM GMT 
Kate Riley 15 Sep 2005 2:56AM GMT 
rhjdd 21 Sep 2005 5:09PM GMT 
CWJudd 11 Jan 2009 3:00PM GMT 
cwjudd2 28 Feb 2013 12:23AM GMT 
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | Privacy | Terms and Conditions