James Kain Will dated 20 Dec 1814

Replies: 3

James Kain Will dated 20 Dec 1814

Maggie (View posts)
Posted: 10 Nov 2005 12:35PM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: KAIN
James Kain Last Will and Testament Clermont Co. Ohio Will Book “A” Page 437
In the name of God Amen. I James Kain of the Town of Williamsburg County of Clermont & State of Ohio being weak of body but of sound of perfect mind & memory, do make & publish this my last Will and Testament in manner and form following. First, I will & bequeath to my son Thomas Kain my farm with all the buildings & improvements situated on the Waters of Barnes run a branch of the east fork of the little Miami which was conveyed to me by Wm Lytle and wife and whereon the said Thomas now lives containing one hundred and sixty acres to him and his heirs forever by his the said Thomas Kain paying to my beloved wife & his mother fifteen bushels of wheat & one hundred bushels of corn yearly during her natural life & after her decease the rents herein directed shall cease. Second I will & bequeath to Stephen Smith & Sarah his wife Sarah my daughter the in lot in the Town of Williamsburg on which they now live number 122 to them & their heirs forever. And three hundred dollars in money to be paid them by my executors herein after named in eighteen months after my decease. Thirdly I will & bequeath to James Perine & his wife Mary my daughter Four hundred dollars in money to be paid by my said executors in eighteen months after my decease. Fourth I will and bequeath to my daughter Elizabeth Campbell three hundred dollars in money to be paid her by my said executors herein after named in eighteen months after my decease. Fifth I will and bequeath to my sons Daniel Kain, John Kain, Thomas Kain and my said beloved Wife Catherine Kain all the residue of my estate both real & personal after the payments of my debts in equal proportions as tenants in common and not as joint tenants my wife to have her share or proporation during her natural life & at her decease the said share of my said wife to descend to my three sons Daniel, John & Thomas in equal portions the share herein bequeathed to my said wife is to be in liew of her dower the real estate, & personal estate herin bequeathed to my sons Daniel, John & Thomas is bequeathed to them & their heirs forever in fee simple – Should my executors herein after named deem it necessary in order to raise the money to pay the legacies herein mentioned my will and desire is that they sell in such a manner as they shall think best my six in lots in the town of Williamsburgh aforesaid No’s 201 – 203- 205 – 207 –209 & 2011 and make a deed or deeds therefor as to them shall deem proper. And lastly I constitute and appoint my said wife Catherin Executrix & my said sons Daniel Kain, John Kain & Thomas Kain Executors to this my last Will & Testament hereby revoking and making void all other and former wills & testaments by me made ~~~ Signed sealed & Published & declared by the said James Kain to be his last Will & testament in the presence of us who have hereunto subscribed our names as witnesses thereto in the presence of the said testator, In witnesses whereof I hereunto set my hand & seal the twentieth day of December in the year of our Lord one thousand eighteen hundred & fourteen……….
Witness
Andred Foote James Kain (his mark)
Jacob Mason
David C. Bryan

If anyone wants a copy of this will, please e-mail me and I will send you a copy.
Maggie
SubjectAuthorDate Posted
Maggie 10 Nov 2005 7:35PM GMT 
KAIN9444 2 Apr 2009 2:22AM GMT 
JBredenfoerde... 28 Apr 2012 9:07PM GMT 
heirhunter922 29 Apr 2012 12:32AM GMT 
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | Privacy | Terms and Conditions