Search for content in message boards

Mike's Chile ConCarne Restaurant, Mikkel or Michael Kappel Christensen

Replies: 0

Mike's Chile ConCarne Restaurant, Mikkel or Michael Kappel Christensen

Posted: 30 Nov 2009 4:56PM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: Kappel, Christensen, Grønlund.
Mike or Mikkel or Michael Kappel Christensen emmigrated from Denmark. His brother Anders Kappel Christensen (1869 – 1927), emmigrated to New York May 1888.

Anders, who is my great grandfather, changed his names around and became Andrew Christensen Kappel, aka AC Kappel.
"AC" lived in Racine, Wisconsin all of his life.

I have a 1916 photo of "Mike's Chile Con Carne Mexican Restaurant" in a storefront style window that is often found in small historic downtowns in Wisconsin. The photo is very interesting: soup was 10 cents, and the window also says "Tables for Ladies." There are 2 men standing by the doorway. In the family photo album it says "Andy's brother Mike."

I do not know if Mike also changed his names around like AC did, or where the photo is taken, or where he lived, or if he married, etc.

If you have any clues or info, it would be great news!

Their parents were Kirstine Kappel(1832-1883) and Thomas Christensen, both lived and died in Denmark. Thomas died in 1883. I am also looking for stories and photos of these relatives.

Kirstine's parents were Anders Kappel and Christiane Grønlund.

I have information that a brother was born in 1871 and another in 1874. Family stories say there was a sister who did not come to America. Family stories also say AC came by himself.

Any info about these people and any of their relatives is most welcome.

Thank-you for your interest... and possible help.

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | Privacy | Terms and Conditions