Search for content in message boards

Michael Karl 1740 Bohemia.

Replies: 3

Michael Karl 1740 Bohemia.

Posted: 8 Jun 2011 3:19AM GMT
Classification: Query
I have done a lot of research into my heritage and Michael Karl born in Bohemia in 1740 is the furthest I can find anywhere. His wife's maiden name is Regina but i can't find her first name anywhere either. If anyone has any information on any of this please contact me.

Michael karl, has a son Christopher Karl and a daughter Walpurga Karl. Christopher married Margaretha Schuster, and they had children Thomas and margaretha karl.

Thomas then married Anna Schramm. They had 4 kids, Joesph, Wenzl, Anna and Andreas. Joesph married Anna turnwald and had children then moved to New Zealand.

I have information on all of the people i have mentioned. And heaps more people, especially the New Zealand Karls. If anyone is interested, please let me know.

I have heard from different people that the Karl name was made up once fled from Germany to get away from going to war. I have also heard that this is false and Karl is a shortened version of another longer last name. Can anyone tell me any more on either of these rumours or confirm either one of them?

SubjectAuthorDate Posted
jordannn_1 8 Jun 2011 9:19AM GMT 
anthonykarl 2 Jul 2011 10:38AM GMT 
Marie Karl 17 Sep 2013 6:25AM GMT 
Josephine Bri... 21 Jan 2014 11:40AM GMT 
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | Privacy | Terms and Conditions