This is what I have on the Price/Kenan marriage.
This is extracted from old newspaper clippings and notes written by Susan Price Noe.
Every person on the following list seems to have spent most of their lives in the eastern part of North Carolina.
1. James Price m. Elizabeth Kenan (both North Carolinians; she was dau. of James and
Sarah Love Kenan)
(1) James Price(lost at sea; no children)
(2) Catherine Price (unmarried)
(3) Louisa Price m. Col. John D. Jones
(4) Susan (unmarried)
(5) Richard W. Price (b. in NC 1814) m. Catherine Holmes (dau. of James and Sallie
Holmes, of Clinton, NC)
1. Richard Watts Price (worked for wholesale grocer in Wilmington, NC)
2. Bettie K. Price (lived in Wilmington, died unmarried)
3. James (served in Civil War in 7th NC Regiment; died in Wilmington soon
after end of War; no children)
4. Sallie N. Price m. Maj. Robert B. McRae (l ived in Wilmington; no children)
(6) William Jones Price (1804-1868)- physician and CSA Lt. Col. Married three
times. Spent most of his life in Wilmington, NC. and died there.)
First marriage: Sarah McGowan (who died when her son was an infant)
1. Joseph Price(1835-1895) - served Confederacy in Civil War, including in
Navy; achieved rank of â€œCaptain;â€ Married Lassie Jones (dau. of Richard J.
and Ann Eliza Jones); died in Wilmington, NC
1. Richard J. Price- became U.S. Army surgeon - no children.
2. James Watts Price - died at age 33 in 1875 - no children
Second marriage: Sallie C.
1. Sallie G. Price (1843-1936; unmarried)
Third marriage: Sarah Foote (1824-1865; grew up in NY; known as â€œSadeâ€)
1. Carrie Louise Price (1849-1937; unmarried)
2. Willie K. Price (b. 1853; drowned in his teens; no children)
3. Lucy B. Price (b. 1857; died in infancy)
4. Susan Ann Price (1860-1958; married Thomas P.Noe; no children)
5. John Jones Price (b. 1863; died in infancy)
(7) Caroline H. Price m. General Alexander Macrae; they had descendants)
(8) Julia Price (died young; no children)