In case it is useful, here is info on Strogue
Parishioners were generally buried at the Temple Re cemetary, however of the 10,500 baptisms in the 19th century only 2500 have tombstones. Philip and Margaret are not listed on the index.
The original church that Margaret and Philip belonged to was built in 1820. It underwent a massive renovation and was rededicated in June 24, 1997, which is the feast of St. John the Baptist, patron saint of the Church. Much of the church is new but the original baptism font and votive light remain. Per Canon Bergin of the church. The church has original stain glass windows donated by Quinns, but it is doubtful if our family was rich enough to donate.
Strogue is a townland of 1 square mile, one eigth of which is bog.
In 1841 the population ws 39 families with 252 people. - more than 6.4 per family on average.
In 1851 the population was 27 families with 205 people - up to 7.6 per family but the devastation of the famine is starting to show.
In 1861 the population is 21 families with only 132 people = down to 6.3 per family. Famine and immigration have taken their toll. This is about the time that Daniel Brennan (1845-1926) immigrated.
In the whole of Loughmore (Loughmoe) Parish, several family names were prominent: