Search for content in message boards

KEYS BROTHERS AMONG THE CHEROKEE

Replies: 9

Re: KEYS BROTHERS AMONG THE CHEROKEE

Posted: 31 Dec 2008 6:16PM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: keys,ramsey,
Man- you are confusing me. The three brothers you mentioned married 3 RAMSEY sisters. My grandfather was the son of Isaac, who was off fighting in the 1st Cherokee Mounted Volunteers under Stand Waite when he, Leroy Hammond Keys was born, his mother, Jenny, dying in childbirth. The Ramsey house is still standing between Tiawa and Claremore Ok. It was a way station for a stagecoach line going to Ark. line.Ramsey's wife brought her slaves with her and the foundations of the quarters , which finished out as chicken coups are still standing. There are folks buried here and there around where I live in Bartlesville. If you want to blow some gas and time I can show you the extensive lineage I have plus some fine graves and some in sad shape. If you have kids I have lineage for DAR and Daughters of the Confederacy that might get scolerships if your kida are sharp. Samual Riley lived WAY back in the 1700's and I think scouted for the continental army. He and Moo Goo Guy Pan or likesuch had tons of kids. I think she or her sis, his other one, made 16 b4 she managed to die. Anyhow the Keys cemetary has one of the Richard Keys's, died abt 1910.
An interesting sidelight, The Ramsey lady's half sis left her an orphan to raise, named Georgia Russell. Isaac had to finish raising everybody after the Ramseys died. She married a man named George H Stokes,who founded Ramona Ok. and they had a daughter, a good friend of Mom's, named Olive. She was Tom Mix's 1st wife. The Stokes cemetary is full of em. If I have tweeked your curiosity, write. Being unemployed, I have plenty of time to mess aroud the area with you. Keith Williams williamsk1936@yahoo.com
SubjectAuthorDate Posted
Bonnie 9 Jun 2004 10:50PM GMT 
ShannaFlahert... 24 Jul 2004 1:41AM GMT 
qltrace 13 Oct 2005 11:39PM GMT 
trackfodder 1 Jan 2009 1:20AM GMT 
trackfodder 1 May 2014 2:11AM GMT 
vlnarbut 8 Jun 2008 5:32PM GMT 
trackfodder 1 Jan 2009 1:22AM GMT 
trackfodder 16 Nov 2008 4:48AM GMT 
dugganfarm 24 Nov 2008 3:32AM GMT 
trackfodder 1 Jan 2009 1:16AM GMT 
per page