Search for content in message boards

1817 death notice of Ensign Joseph Kidder (New Hampshire)

Replies: 4

Re: 1817 death notice of Ensign Joseph Kidder (New Hampshire)

Posted: 9 Jul 2012 3:14AM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: Kidder
Hello,

I was just browsing the archives of this Board and came across one of my postings from a year ago. I wanted to mention that Wilder KIDDER and his wife (MIDDAGH from NJ), last lived in Tioga Co., NY. There are pension records for him but none list his date of death. And no one knows which town they lived in after 1820 in NY.

I've asked on the Lists for people to keep an eye out for Wilder KIDDER's gravestone in NY State. He is mentioned on a monument in the center of Temple, NH, where he grew up. One curiousity is that, if his younger brother, Joseph, died while fighting in Saratoga, NY, why is his name not mentioned on that monument? So, I'm still not satisfied that it was him that died in NY, and not his cousin, Joseph, from Littleton, MA.

And, I'd still love to hear from descendants of the 6 daughters of Joseph and Rebecca KIDDER last of Temple, NH.

Betty (near Lowell, MA)

(on Lists and Boards for 10 yrs.; now an Admin for 9 Lists and 4 Boards, including a Board for CAN-USA-Migration and a new Board for New-England-Research)

SubjectAuthorDate Posted
midge1249 11 Aug 2011 12:24AM GMT 
bbffrrpp 11 Aug 2011 11:51AM GMT 
bbffrrpp 11 Aug 2011 12:15PM GMT 
bbffrrpp 11 Aug 2011 12:32PM GMT 
bbffrrpp 9 Jul 2012 9:14AM GMT 
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | New Privacy | New Terms and Conditions