Search for content in message boards

Kiker - Stancil famliies

Replies: 0

Kiker - Stancil famliies

Posted: 6 Jul 2008 3:18PM GMT
Classification: Query
I just recently found a missing link that had stumped me for years. At least I am 98% sure that I did.

One of my g-grandmothers was an Eva M. Stancil. She was married to William R. Butts in AL. Eva and her siblings were split up when the mother died. The father had either died, or abandoned them prior to 1920 census. I finally found someone that did recollect some info about the siblings, adn that helped me to find a 1920 census record with the mother and these kids. The mother was a Lurany E. Stancil. She was an Elrod originally and born in GA in 1887. With this new information, I was able to find a 1910 Census record for Etowah, AL with Lurany (Lurary) married to an Evin S. Stancil. His birth state shows AL, but his father's shows NC. His mother's shows AL birth state. Their children are listed as Eva M,, William A., and Bessie L., which are all part of my g-grandmothers siblings, with the right birthdates.

I believe his parents are now Evin Stancil and Prudy McKinney. Just hoping someone out there might be able to confirm my path here.

Thanks,
Shane Van Wey
shane@scwdp.com

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | New Privacy | Terms and Conditions