Search for content in message boards

Meshack King (MD-OH) connection to Thomas King PA - TN)

Replies: 1

Meshack King (MD-OH) connection to Thomas King PA - TN)

Posted: 27 Feb 2012 5:33PM GMT
Classification: Query
I have been doing Family Tree for 42 years. I have gotten way back on every line except the Kings. Very frustrating. We descend from Meshack’s first son Thomas on our King side and his third son John on our Thornton side.

I have been looking for the parents of Meshack King for decades.
I believe his father is the Thomas King that appears with Meshack and Shadrach in the 1800 census of Washington County, Pennsylvania.

So, I was delighted to see the Thomas King connection on Ancestry.com. The fact that now most of the researchers have Thomas King (1754-1847) and Susan Sharp (1755-1822) as Meshack's parents.

I would love to confirm that. This Thomas is a Rev War hero and both parents have trees that extend way back. But before I make that leap, I have to see some proof of it.

Most people just copied others and perhaps the first person did find proof of the connection. But I would like to know that before I confirm it.

So, I am searching for any document or anything that connects Meshack King to Thomas King?

However, the two facts that we have on Meshack is that his brother was Shadrack and they were born about 1780 in Maryland.

The fact is that this Thomas was in Tennessee in 1780 and has no connection to Maryland or Shadrach. Plus he was not married until 1783. That is making me doubt this connection.

So please respond, any King Family researchers that can help make this break-thru and extend the King line, twice as far as it is now.
SubjectAuthorDate Posted
Robert King 28 Feb 2012 12:33AM GMT 
jip1952 13 Aug 2012 3:33AM GMT 
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | Privacy | Terms and Conditions