Search for content in message boards

William Colwell Kirby born 1899/1900

Replies: 1

Re: WILLIAM COLWELL KIRBY

Posted: 13 Jan 2013 7:12AM GMT
Classification: Query
Dear Helen,

I think that we are researching parts of the same family. William Colwell Dungey Kirby was the son of William Colwell Dungey and Emily Edith Kirby (my 1st cousin 2x removed). After your grandfather's birth, William Colwell Dungey went to South Africa in the 1890s and fought in the Boer War and later married there and had five children. Edith Emily Kirby (she and William were never married) later married into the Gilbert family and had two children with him. I would need to look in my tree to get all the details, but if you have access to Ancestry.co.uk you can find what information I have in the Kirbys3 tree. But I can tell you that you have several cousins in the UK, South Africa and the USA!

I hope that this has been useful and I would be grateful for any information you have about your grandfather's family. As far as I know, he and Ivy Francis Pipe had two children - Reginald William Kirby and Pamela Ivy Kirby. If you have any more information that you are prepared to pass on I should be most grateful.

Best wishes,

Stephen Kirby
SubjectAuthorDate Posted
HelensMead 20 Feb 2003 11:10AM GMT 
francais81 13 Jan 2013 2:12PM GMT 
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | Privacy | Terms and Conditions