Search for content in message boards

Moses Kirkpatrick's Will (Armstrong County, Pennsylvania)

Replies: 9

Moses Kirkpatrick's Will (Armstrong County, Pennsylvania)

Posted: 7 Oct 2001 8:35AM GMT
Classification: Will
Edited: 28 Sep 2002 7:06PM GMT
Co-Executor’s Declaration for the Will of Moses Kirkpatrick
ARMSTRONG COUNTY, SS.
We Robert Henry and William Kirkpatrick do swear, that as co-executors, of all and singular that goods and chattels, rights and credits, which were of Moses Kirkpatrick deceased, late of Redbank Township. We will and truly administer the goods and chattels, rights, and credits, of the said deceased; that we will make a true and perfect inventory thereof, and exhibit the same into the Registers Office, at Kittanning, for the County of Armstrong, one month from this date; and a final settlement and reckoning of the estate of the said Moses Kirkpatrick deceased, in one year, or when thereunto legally required; and that we will diligently and faithfully regard, and well and truly comply with, the provisions of an act of capital assembly passed the 7th day of April, 1826, entitled "An act relating to collateral inheritances."
Sworn and subscribed before me, Signed:
the 29th day of August 1832: Robert Henry
William Kirkpatrick
(signed) John Croll
Register

The Last Will and Testament of Moses Kirkpatrick
July 1, 1830

In the name of God Amen.
I Moses Kirkpatrick of Redbank Township Armstrong County and state of Pennsylvania, being in poor health but sound in mind, memory and understanding "thanks be to Almighty God for the same", duly mindful of my mortality, do make and constitute this my last will and testament, hereby revoking all other will or wills hereby me made.
First and principally. I’ve recommended my immortal spirit to God who gave it in hopes of joyful resurrection and my body to the earth (when it shall please God to Separate my soul and body), to be buried directly by my executors hereby after named.
And as to such worldly estate which with it hath pleased God to bless me I give and disperse thereof as follows. Thus it is my will and desire that all the debts that I may happen to owe at the time of my decease be paid out of the sale of my personal property by my executors hereinafter named. And first my will is that my two sons William and Alexander shall have the farm or plantation whereon I now live divided equally betwixt them each to have and share alike, and William to have the end that the mansion house and other buildings is on, Alexander to have the other end.
I next will and bequeath to my beloved wife Margaret Kirkpatrick the mansion house where in I now live, during her natural life and to have every liberty and privilege in said house as in my lifetime and at her demise the house shall then be considered as the property of my son William Kirkpatrick. I next will to my beloved wife the three cornered cupboard which stands in the back room one bureau and the dining table and two beds and bedding and bedsteads the same to be at her own choice, and one cow the choice of all the cattle that may happen to be on my place at my decease, the said cow or some other as good to be kept foddered pastured and supported on my place and one horse saddle and bridle the horse and cow to be kept by my son William at his expense and I will unto my wife four sheep to be kept as aforesaid. And my will is that my two sons William and Alexander shall give unto my beloved wife each of them six bushels of wheat yearly and every year during her natural lifetime the said wheat to be taken to mill for her grounded and brought home occasionally as she needs it and that my two sons each of them give her four bushels of corn yearly. And that my two sons each of them pay her six dollars each yearly and every year during her natural life, and I will that my beloved wife shall have liberty and privilege to use as many apples out of my orchards as she may need for her own use and that my two sons shall give her one hundred weight of meat; the one have to be beef the other half to be hogs meat. And I further will and bequeath to five of my daughters the sum of twenty-five dollars each. This to my daughter Betsy Henry twenty five dollars to my daughter Jane Dickey, to my daughter Mary Wilson, to my daughter Nancy Corbett and to my daughter Ruth Corbett each of them twenty five dollars. I next will and bequeath to my two grandsons Moses Henry and Moses Dickey twenty dollars each and that my two sons William and Alexander shall pay my two grandsons their money when they arrive at the age of twenty one years and that my son William shall pay my daughters Betsy Henry her twenty five dollars one year after my decease, Jane Dickey to be paid two years after my decease and Nancy Corbett to be paid her quota three years after my decease and that my son Alexander shall pay my daughter Polly Wilson her part one year after my decease, Ruth Corbett to be paid her’s two years after my decease and I will that the sum volume of the lists accounting in the bible in my -------- to be kept by my sons William and Alexander.
I further will that the 220 acres of land settled by Christopher Rhodes in Clarion Township if not sold before my decease that my two sons William and Alexander shall have the said land and sell it if they choose in order to pay the rest of the legatees Therewith, and I will that my son William shall have my rifle gun and I further will that my sons shall find my beloved wife in five -------- and ------ as much as she may happen to need and I will and bequeath to my daughter Sarah Lowry the sum of ten dollars to be paid unto her by my executors when she may think proper to call on them after all the above mentioned legatees is paid. I further will that the money arising from the sale of my moveable property shall be apportioned by my sons William and Alexander to offset in paying the aforesaid legatees share and share alike.
I do nominate and appoint Robert Henry of Clarion Township and William Kirkpatrick of Redbank Township executors of this my last will and testament and to have and see the same executed and performed all according to my true intent and meaning. I publish and declare this and name this to be my last will and testament. ---------- whereof I have set my hand and seal this first day of July in the year of our Lord one thousand eight hundred and thirty.
Signed and sealed s/Moses Kirkpatrick
In the presence of
s/Matthew Killip
s/Collin McNutt
SubjectAuthorDate Posted
ktwitt 7 Oct 2001 2:35PM GMT 
EmilyCary16 16 Feb 2002 9:22PM GMT 
Keith Witt 17 Feb 2002 5:59PM GMT 
EmilyCary16 17 Feb 2002 9:46PM GMT 
jsstory_1 27 Mar 2009 1:11AM GMT 
ktwitt 27 Mar 2009 11:14PM GMT 
ktwitt 27 Mar 2009 11:21PM GMT