I had my DNA testing at www.familytreedna.com
Would you be a relative of Johann (John) Friedrich Krüger?
Could you please help us find his relatives in Europe and any in North America that are not listed below?
I am trying to find ancestors, relatives and the origin of my great grandfather.
My great grandfather was Johann (John) Friedrich Krüger, born 16 Aug. 1847.
Birth place we have found on his census records are:
Posen or Preusen, Prussia and Praha (Prague) and Luxemburg. We wrote to Prague and they could not find any record of him. We haven't found out exactly where he was from.
There is a Luxenburg in Kreis Insterberg (county), East Prussia (province). This area is now in Russia just across the Polish/Russian border near the Baltic, near the town of Chernyakhovsk, Kaliningrad, Russia
WHERE JOHN KRUGER WAS FROM:
1. 1920 Census for John Kruger says he was from Prague
2. 1920 census of George Krueger, George said his father was from Luxemburg and his mother from Saxony ( which was true about his mother).
3. My grandmother, Elizabeth Moll/Krueger said he was from Luxemburg.
We have different dates as to when he came to USA:
1. in June 25th 1867 on his first Naturalization paper, probably the most acurate.
2. in 1864 found in his obituary .
3. 1870 according to the 1900 census.
4. 1867 according to the 1910 and 1920 census.(same as No. 1)
He became a naturalized USA citizen in 1883 - source is 1920 census and his second naturalization papers.
Beginning with the 1880 census we find him in Barnesville, Minnesota, USA.
We have found him on the following censuses:
1. 1870 USA Federal Census- Found a John Kruger on Agriculture Census of 1870 in Hennipen Co., MN.(not sure if he is ours)
2. 1880 USA Federal census.
3. 1895 Minnesota State census.
4. 1900 USA Federal census.
5. 1905 Minnesota census.
6. 1910 USA Federal census.
7. 1920 USA Federal census.
He lived on a farm in Clay County, Humboldt Township
near Barnesville, Minnesota, USA.
1. It says he came to this country on or about June 25th 1867. Source is his first Naturalization Papers.
2. Found a Joh Kruger on Agriculture Census of 1870 in Hennipen Co., MN.(not sure if he is ours)
3. Signed First Naturalization papers on 19th Oct. 1871.
4. At the MN Historical Society I found in the Minneapolis Directory of 1871-1872 a John Kruger, lab, bds, Crow River House.
Lab= Laborer, bds= boards(boarding house)
In the Minneapolis directory of 1874 I found a John Kruger lab, bds at 113 N. 1st.
In the Minneapolis directory of 1876 I found a John Kruger plasterer, bds at 113 N 1st.
5. Homesteaded on March 20th 1879 on NE 1/4 Sec. 12 Twp 137 Range 46 near Barnesville MN.
6. John F. Kruger is found in the 1880 Census in Barnesville, MN.
7. John Fred Kruger came to this country in 1864 and became a citizen 14 Nov. 1883 in Clay Co. MN,USA.
8. KRUEGER, JOHN FRED Source: MN Historical Society Death Cert. Index.
CertID# 1922-MN-002635 Date of Birth:
Place of Birth:
Mother Maiden Name: not indexed
Date of Death:
County of Death: 03/18/1922
9. Death Cert. from Clay Co Court House Moorhead, Mn.: Last name is spelled" Krueger"
Krueger John Fred
DOB 16 Aug. 1847
DOD 18 March 1922
Cause of death: Unknown Chronic Disease
Birth Place: Germany
Father: Kreuger(Notice Spelling)
DEATH FILES IN tANSEM township
Att. Phy. : A. Cyr
NO BIRTH PLACE FOUND ON HIS TOMBSTONE.
WE HAVE SEARCHED HIS CHURCH RECORDS AND FOUND NO BIRTH PLACE OR WHERE HE WAS FROM.
10. OBITUARY OF JOHN KRUGER:
Source: Barnesville Record Review Thurs. March 23 1922.
John Krueger Passes Away
Well know old Resident dies Saturday aged 74 years.
John F. Krueger was born on the 16th day of August, 1847, in Preusen, Germany, and died march 18th, at the home of his daughter, Mrs. Ole Nyeng, east of the city, being 74 years, 7 months and 2 ays old. he came to this country in 1864 and was married in 1887, his wife preceding him in death 5 years ago. To this union were born four children, one of whom, Arthur F. Krueger, was killed in the world war. Those surviving are George Krueger, Mrs. Ole Nyeng, and John Krueger, the latter of Cincinnati, Ohio. he is also survived by three step-children, 16 grandchildren and one great grand child.
Mr. Krueger has been in failing health for some time, but only during the last few days was confined to his bed. The funeral was held from the German Evangelical church Wednesday afternoon at 2 o'clock. Rev. Karl G. Kissling officating, and the remains were laid to rest in the German cemetery. The pall bearers were Emil Fankhanel, Casper Wohlwend, Fred Weidel, John Specht, Paul Tuski and J.F. Tschabold.
He homesteaded near Barnesville in May 15th 1879- Same time, House 14x20 ft., Stable 12x14 feet, Granary 12x14 ft., Well, 90 acres broken -$500.00
Hemarried Ernestine Wilhemina Teubner/Reichel on 11-23-1885
in Barnesville, MN.
Six children were born:
John Friedrich, George Freidrich, Ida, Arthur and 2
John Fred Kruger died 3-18-1922 and is buried in the
German Lutheran Cemetery, west of Barnesville, MN
So far we haven't found out where he is from, would
he be in your family history?
Allen J. Krueger
2660 250th Ave.
Canby, Minnesota, 56220-2095, USA
email address is: email@example.com