- My great-grandmother, Victorine Jeanne Laganier (born May 16, 1881 in Paris) became pregnant before marriage and gave birth to her daughter Germaine Laganier (born November 16, 1897 also in Paris) (called "Alice" in the USA). Victorine & Germaine left France for the USA in 1900.
- Victorine Laganier's parents were Edouard Laganier and Anne Elisabeth Bricard. It appears they remained in France.
- Victorine's grandparents (Anne Elisabeth Bricard's parents) were Eugene Bricard (born May 15, 1829) and his wife Genevieve Chavrier(born January 11, 1842).
- Victorine and Germaine moved to Seattle, Washington and she met and married my great-grandfather in 1901.
- I have not been able to find any certificates or any information on my great-grandmother or her parents while they were in France. I would appreciate any help or hints anyone may have. (See "Reply" below).
Gene L Frazzinigfrazzini@comcast.net