I am Holly Kassinger Johnson and I have sever questions about this Lamb family for fellow researchers. One is that my great grandmother was Cherokee. My grandfather, George Davis, her son told me this. I have no proof. I am using a friend's ancestry account so I have a different email address: firstname.lastname@example.org
Also, My mother had Huntington's disease. It usually does not show up until middle age after you've had your children and they are at risk. Mama started with finger twitches in her late 30's. Maybe even earlier as when I was a child in the 70's we were playing Pac Man one night and her fingers were twitching and she said she could not make it stop. We laughed. Little did I know what it was the beginning of.
It is a degenerative disease of the brain and nervous system and you have to inherit it from your parents. Most people who have it die in the 40's or 50's. Well her parents never showed symptoms, Grandpa died at age 83 and Granny died at age 70 in a car wreck. Mom is the only one of over ten children to get the disease and each one had a 50% chance. None have been tested and all are over 65 now. If any carries the gene tat puts over 100 people in my family at risk.
Here is what I have on my Lamb family to date.
1. ROBERT LAMB was born 1795 in South Carolina and died after 1870. He married February 22, 1818 in Daviess County, Kentucky in the City of Owensboro to MARY POLLY BRIANT who was born 1795 in Virginia and said to be the daughter of Barrett Briant born 1775 and Nancy. Mary died after 1770 in Daviess County, Kentucky. It seems that Robert came from Union County, South Carolina in the early 1800's and settled along the line between Daviess County and Mclean County, Kentucky. They frequently moved from one side to the other. They are listed in 1830, 1840, and 1860 Daviess County census, but can't be found in the 1850 US census. Robert and Mary Lamb are the parents of:
1. Elizabeth Ann Lamb about 1827 in Ky and died before 1864. She married Camillus Cornelius Scott on March 24, 1865 in Daviess County, KY.
2. Robert Lamb born in 1830 in Daviess County, Kentucky.
3. John B. Lamb born 1819/21 in Daviess County, Kentucky and died September 16, 1869 in Mclean County, Kentucky aged 47 to 49. He married Sarah Jane Kelly about 1844. In 1860 he lived in Daviess County in Owensboro.
4. Samuel J. Lamb born 1826 in Mclean County, KY and died 1880 aged 54 of congestion and chills. He married Martha Hicks in Daviess County, Kentucky on November 9, 1848. In 1860 and 1870 He and his family were in Calhoun, Mclean County, KY.
5. William H. Lamb born 1827 in Daviess County, Kentucky and died before 1860 in Daviess County, Kentucky. He married October 30, 1849 in Daviess County, Kentucky.
6. Sarah Jane Lamb born 1830/34 in Daviess County, Ky and died October 28, 1925 in Mclean County, KY. She married April 6, 1864 to Camillis Scott, the widower of her deceased sister Elizabeth Ann. In 1870 she is living in Calhoun, Mclean County, KY with her husband Camillis Scott, their family and her sister Nancy lives with them.
7. Nancy Lamb born 1839 in Daviess County, KY. In 1870 she is living with her sister Sarah Jane and her Husband Camillus Corneleus Scott in Calhoun, Mclean County, KY aged 30. She was not with them in the 1880 census so deceased before age 40. Never married and no children.
2. WILLIAM H. LAMB, born about 1827 in Daviess County, Kentucky and died between 1857 and 1860, according to his last child's age. He married NANCY JANE OLDHAM on October 30, 1849 in Daviess County, Kentucky in the City of Owensboro. Nancy Jane Oldham was born about 1830 and is the daughter of George Oldham and Elizabeth Chambers, she died after the 1870 census in Daviess County, Kentucky. William and Nancy are not found in the 1850 US cencus. Nancy Jane Lamb is found in the 1860 Daviess County, Kentucky Cencus but her husband is not included. She lived next door to her in-laws Robert Lamb and Mary "Polly" Briant Lamb. William and Nancy Lamb are the parents of the following children:
1. Nester Columbus Lamb was born 1849. He married in 1869 to Arietta who was born 1844 in Kentucky and second to Narcissa Thurman on September 3, 1882 in Daviess County, KY.
2. Malinda Delpherine "Delia" Lamb was born March 10, 1850 and died June 17, 1910 in Daviess County where she is buried at Old Macedonia-Lamb Cemetery. She married George B. Jewell February 20, 1867 in Daviess County and he is the son of Elijah Jackson Jewell and Pheobe.
3. Samuel Jackson Lamb born September 1853. Living in the household of John Taylor in the 1880 Logan County, Ky census and aged 28. He and parents born in KY. He is living with his brother John Curtis Lamb in the 1910 Daviess County, Census.
4. John Curtis Lamb was born April 1856. He married in 1888 in Daviess County, Kentucky to Georgia M who was born 1866. His brother Samuel Jackson Lamb is living with him and his family in the 1910 Daviess County, Census. After the death of his father, he is found in the 1860 Daviess County Census age 4 and living with the Jospeh Lloyd family along with sister Sarah.
5. Sarah Jane Lamb was born September 18, 1858 in Daviess County, Kentucky. There is a story that Sarah Jane's family went to Minnesota when she was just a girl and the winter was too cold so they came back to Kentucky. Told by Sarah's grandson Donnie Davis. She married William Thomas Davis. After the death of her father, she is found in the 1860 Daviess County Census age 1 with her brother John Curtis and living with the Jospeh Lloyd family. Her mother and siblings lived in another residence. By the 1870 census she and her brother were back with their mother.
3. SARAH JANE LAMB born September 18, 1856 in Daviess County, Kentucky married WILLIAM THOMAS DAVIS February 6, 1876 in Daviess County. These are my grandparents.
Also, is there anyone out of the William H. Lamb and Nancy Jane Oldham line who have ols photos to share? I am really interested in any of their children. I have pics of their daughter Sarah Jane and her husband. I also have one of Sarah Jane Lamb with her niece, Clara Lamb, daughter of John Curtis Lamb.
Please Contact me at email@example.com