Search for content in message boards

DONALDSON / LANEY FAMILIES OF MONROE, POLK, CHEROKEE COUNTY NC

Replies: 39

Re: DONALDSON / LANEY FAMILIES OF MONROE, POLK, CHEROKEE COUNTY NC

Posted: 28 Jul 2007 9:28AM GMT
Classification: Query
I appreciate all the replys to my posting. In the info I have found, I have not found a Nancy Jane as daughter to Randolph & Dorcas Mills Laney. But I know I don't have everything complete on their children. I have: Robert Thomas Laney (or Thomas Christopher Mills), Squire Randolph Laney, General Richard Laney, Gideon Laney, Martha Laney, Dorcas Laney and Thaddius Clingman Laney. The last son, Thaddius C. Laney is my husbands line. TC Laney married Mollie Donaldson (dau of Hattie Stansberry & William Donaldson. Their children were: Horace Laney, William Thaddius Laney, Mattie Laney, Dorcas Ann Laney, Winfield Scott Laney Sr (my husbands grandfather), Frank Laney and Floyd Laney. I think I have the picture someone mentioned of TC Laney Family.
I am new to this, so I need to ask, what are the rules about posting info on people still living. Are we only supposed to post info on persons deceased? I will be glad to email anyone the more specific info (like dates) I have when I have time.
How did someone connect Randolph Laney and Dorcas Ann Mills to parents? What are the sources? Personal knowledge or records? I guess I tend not to trust what I find until I can research it personally. I have seen too much posted on sites that I KNOW is not correct.
I read the accounts of the bushwackers. My husband had heard that some of the older Laney's were "rough". And that some of them had to change their last name from Laney. I know about the Mills', but has anyone heard of changing the name to "Lanning"?
I will get back on as soon as I can. I don't get that much time on the internet.
SubjectAuthorDate Posted
bdnesbit 24 Jul 2007 8:43PM GMT 
H_HAYSON 15 Jul 2013 6:01AM GMT 
DMills5489 26 Jul 2007 9:29PM GMT 
llaney414 28 Jul 2007 3:28PM GMT 
bdnesbit 29 Jul 2007 3:30AM GMT 
llaney414 27 Sep 2009 1:19AM GMT 
H_HAYSON 15 Jul 2013 6:13AM GMT 
patsymyers145 22 Oct 2010 3:25PM GMT 
BRMILLS57 6 Nov 2011 2:06AM GMT 
bdsboop 6 Nov 2011 12:13PM GMT 
per page