Search for content in message boards

LeBlancs from Canada

Replies: 6

Re: Trayah's of Milton, VT

Posted: 10 Oct 2012 5:51PM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: Trayah
Hello,

My name is Shawn Bushway and I am the grandson of Pearl Elizabeth White whose mother was Beulah Trayah - the daughter of Fred Trayah and Ellen Wells. I saw your post to Norma on 9-3-2012 and hoping you wouldn't mind, I figured I'd take a chance reaching out to you.

I've got to be honest and tell you upfront that I really don't have much to offer. I can send you a picture of Beulah and someone named Hazel Merrill though no one knows who she is. I can send you a picture of Beulah's sister Ruby and of Beulah's daughters Pearl, Thelma and Rita. In addition I can provide you with all of their information - Beulah's daughter Thelma is still alive but she is not in good health and that more than any other reason motivated me to contact you.

In terms of the family history of Beulah's grandparents, I don't have much to offer. I am stuck on Stephen and Josephine as in I have no idea who their parents are. I think Josephine's dad is Charles and her mother's name was Margaret but I'm not sure 100%.

In terms of Ellen Well's parents I'm still confused if her father was Michael or Issac Wells or Stern and while I believe her mother's name was Catherine Rowe - I'm lost on her parents though I think her dad was Peter Rowe - mother Elizabeth Lacroix.

Would you be willing to help me fill in the gaps and maybe share some pictures? I'd love to show aunt Thelma what her great grandparents looked like. You also mentioned Joseph and Aggie Trayah, Margaret Trayah LaRocque and John LaRocque and while I don't know where these people fit into the family tree they are people I've heard of especially Aggie Trayah and John LaRocque. Would you be inclined to share pictures of these people as well?

I am sorry that I don't have a lot to offer in return. Though I started this project in 1996 my family was not much interested in sharing. This changed shortly before my grandparent's passed but by that time I was 2100 miles away and it was hard to connect. I've tried to contact as many of the older people as I can but I always seem to be a year or two behind - in other words by the time I discover them and set about contacting them it's too late as they just passed away. I've missed people by as close as two weeks. I'll offer what I can but if it's not enough I completely understand.

Take care,
Shawn
SubjectAuthorDate Posted
Shawn Bushway 29 Mar 2001 6:11AM GMT 
Norma Trayah (Maiden) 10 Aug 2001 6:44PM GMT 
MaryDennis24 11 Aug 2004 3:16PM GMT 
San_Cou 2 Jul 2010 3:04AM GMT 
phillipfazzin... 1 Aug 2012 1:10PM GMT 
San_Cou 3 Sep 2012 10:08PM GMT 
SLBushway 10 Oct 2012 11:51PM GMT 
per page

Find a board about a specific topic