Search for content in message boards

Lee's of Trinity Co. Tx.

Replies: 3

Re: Lee's of Trinity Co. Tx.

Posted: 5 Jul 2002 10:56PM GMT
Classification: Query
Edited: 29 Nov 2002 9:23PM GMT
Don't really know what you're looking for so I'll just through out some information...

This can all be documented through the Confederate Pension Application and the Confederate Widows Pension Application forms. I have copies that I'd be happy to mail her if you'll send me her address.

Benjamin Jasper Lee - all info per application date of Dec 1909
Pension # 18468
was 67 years old when application filed
born in Dale Co., AL
resided in TX for past 57 years
currently resides in Glendale PO in Trinity Co., TX
occupation - farmer
served as a private in Co. B, 25th TX Cavalry (dismounted) from July 1864 to June 1865
wasn't able to sign his name but made a mark
assessed value of land & personal property $250.00
witnesses who signed affidavit of his service was J.A. Sumrall of Jasper Co., TX and S.J. Havard of Angelina Co.,TX
mortuary warrant signed by Bud Lee, son
pensioner died in his own home on 3 Sept 1925 in Chita, TX due to blood poison from gangrene of small toe on right foot and senility

Widows application for pension - filed Sept 1925
Pension #41361
Mrs. Rebecca Anne Lee, widow of B.J. Lee
married on 4 Jan 1872 in Angelina Co., TX
will be 74 yrs old Oct 12 next
born in Mississippi
resided in TX since a little girl
affidavit of witnesses: C.M. Garrison and J.L. Tipton
per death cert. included with file:
date of death 10-22-1939
date of birth Oct 12, 1851
father: T.H. McCall
mother: Mary Ellen Aiken, born in Ireland
informant: Burton Lee, son
died of natural causes at the home of her son Burton Lee

Note: both are buried in Chita Cemetery in Trinity Co., TX per Trinity Co. Cemeteries book.

I am related through Rebecca's sister, Mary Ellen McCall. Their father T.W.H. McCall also served in the CSA army as a private in the 1st TX Infantry. He did not apply for a pension.

T.W.H. McCall was b. abt 1812 GA d. 1899 Trinity Co.,TX
m. 1. Mary Ellen Eakin
2. Jane Winchester
3. Mrs. Betty Hathorne (widow)
He was an original landholder receiving a 3rd class land grant in Cherokee Co., TX. He can be found in the 1860 Houston Co., TX census and the 1870 Nacogdoches Co., TX census. I have been unable to find him yet in 1880. He is buried in New Zion Cemetery in Trinity Co.,TX.

I'm trying to find the connection between Mary Ellen Eakin and the David Eakin family of Ireland>Mississippi>Cherokee Co., TX. Still working on documenting some kind of proof but am fairly positive she was his daughter.

Rebecca's sister Mary Ellen McCall was b. 12 Sep 1854 in Cherokee Co., TX m. Reece Conners Kerr in 1874 and d. 15 Sep 1935 in Angelina Co., TX

If I can give you anything else, please let me know. I'd appreciate anything she can add to the story.

Catherine
SubjectAuthorDate Posted
martycash97 8 Feb 2000 3:34PM GMT 
Scclwalk 4 Jul 2002 2:53AM GMT 
MCash8264 5 Jul 2002 1:31AM GMT 
Scclwalk 6 Jul 2002 4:56AM GMT 
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | New Privacy | New Terms and Conditions