Search for content in message boards

Leigh - ggg grandfather-Army Scout

Replies: 3

Beaver Dick Leigh

Jamie (View posts)
Posted: 1 Oct 2000 3:33AM GMT
Allen, Our family had once thought we were descendants of Beaver Dick as well. However, his wife Jenny, (a Banock or Shosone) Indian , and their 6 children all died in the same year near Chritmas time from small pox. Beaver Dick remarried another Banock or Shosone woman and they had 3 children, 1 boy and 2 girls. The boys name was William Bradhurst. They lived in Wyoming near the base of the Tetons. And later in Idaho I lelive. Two lakes near Yellowstone Park are named for Beaver Dick and Jenny. My Grandfather was Palmer Ellis Leigh, his father was Elmer Leigh and his father was George. All were born in WI. George was the army scout, but I can't find where. He was married to Rose Austin, born in NY. Elmer was married to Martha Waltenberg, born in Cananda. We are not sure where are Indian comes in, but it is supposed to be Blakefoot. Could be from Martha in Canada. Beaver Dick Leigh had a brother that was in Montana at one point. I don't have a name as of yet, but his could be our Army Scout George. That seems to be the only possible connection left for us. This information is by memeory and should be accurate, however, I don't have my notes with me at this time. Please feel free to contact me further if you have any questions or thoughts.
Jamie
boborjamie@aol.com
SubjectAuthorDate Posted
Jamie Zegar 22 Jan 2000 11:08PM GMT 
Jamie 29 Jul 2000 9:21PM GMT 
Allen Brooks 1 Oct 2000 8:49AM GMT 
Jamie 1 Oct 2000 9:33AM GMT 
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | New Privacy | Terms and Conditions