Search for content in message boards

William J. Lewallen, Charles Lewallen, Elizabeth Harrison Lewallen and Green Berry Lewallen - 1790's thru 1820's VA

Replies: 1

Re: William J. Lewallen, Charles Lewallen, Elizabeth Harrison Lewallen and Green Berry Lewallen - 1790's thru 1820's VA

Posted: 1 Oct 2011 6:56AM GMT
Classification: Query
Michele

I'm new to Llewellyn (htsi - however they spell it) research. My dad's dna test thru Family Tree DNA has shown his gr.grandfather to be a Lewallen from Morgan Co, TN. This somewhat matches with the family story that my dad's gr grandmother was a Lewallen, so it wasn't too much of a surprise.

My group of Lewallens is part of the MyFamily.com site. I looked to see if you were a member but didn't find any Micheles.

We are actively seeking a male descendant of Charles and Elizabeth (Carter) Lewallen who might be willing to take the dna test thru Family Tree DNA so we can compare the results to those of 3 Carters who match my dad's dna. Elizabeth Carter had a sister, Sarah "Sally" Carter, whose male descendants bearing the surname of CARTER match those of our Lewallen group. Other Lewallens who match us exactly or w/in 1 mutation are found in Jackson Co, AL in 1830-1880 and some of their descendants spread out to AR, KY and westward to OK and TX.

Would anyone know of such a Lewallen who might be interested in having the dna test? It's a simple swab of the cheek and has no other useful info except for genealogical purposes. We have matching funds available for a few tests. If anyone is interested, we'd love to hear from you. Our group is fairly small, but we hope that more Lewallens (htsi) will join us and become part of the project at FamilyTreeDNA. The more participants we have the better we can use our results.

Shadrack, Meeshack and Abednego Lewellin descendants are also of interest.

You can contact me off-board at Casbar54 AT Yahoo.com.

Hope to hear from some other Lewallens and Carters who might help us figure out which Lewallen fathered the children Sally Carter of Bedford Co, VA.

Carol Redd
SubjectAuthorDate Posted
misha412 20 Aug 2003 7:45PM GMT 
CarolRedd54 1 Oct 2011 12:56PM GMT 
per page

Find a board about a specific topic