The L'Homme families of Canada descend from three original immigrants from France. These three lines eventually used the following names: L'Homme, L'Homme Artois, L'Homme dit Artois, d'Artois, Dartois, Artois, Lampe, de L'Homme, Delhomme, Delhommer, and Desmoreau. There are also L'Homme individuals that immigrated directly from France to Louisiana and became Delhomme and Delhommer. See also the Delhommer Surname Board for more information on the Louisiana L'Homme lines.
Jean Pierre L'Homme Artois (born 29 June 1729, Arras, Ste. Croix, Pas de Calais, France), son of Alexandre L'Homme Artois and Helene Deliercourt (married 12 Jan 1723, Ste. Croix France) and Marie Jeanne Robert Fontaine (born 14 Sep 1727 Chambly, Quebec, died 22 June 1803 St. Mathias, Quebec, married - her 2nd marriage - 18 April 1757 Ste. Famile, Boucherville, Chambly, Quebec). They had at least 6 children:
(1) Antoine L'Homme dit Artois (born 29 Sep 1761, St. Mathias, Quebec) who married Marie Desanges Lajeunesse (born ~1772, married 8 Oct 1792 Longueuil, Chambly, Quebec). They had at least 11 children.
(2) Jeanne (Jeanette) Helene L'Homme Artois (born 30 Dec 1759 Boucherville, Quebec, died 21 Mar 1785 St. Mathias, Quebec) who married Joseph Marie Meunier Lapierre (married 5 July 1779 St. Mathias, Quebec).
(3) Marie Anne L'Homme Artois (born 2 April 1767 Chambly, Quebec)
(4) Jean Pierre L'Homme Artois (born 16 Feb 1766, died 24 Aug 1766 Chambly, Quebec)
(5) Jean Pierre L'Homme Artois (born 17 June 1763 St. Charles sur Richelieu, Quebec, died 2 Sep 1763 Chambly, Quebec)
(6) Marie Francoise L'Homme Artois (born 10 Dec 1764 Chambly, Quebec) who married Benjamin Gelineau (married 26 July 1791 St. Mathias, Quebec).
Michel L'Homme (born ~17 Nov 1627 Bonnetable, St. Cosme-de-vair, France, died 23 Feb 1676 St. Augustin, Quebec), son of Michel L'Homme (born ~1615 Bonnetable, Le Mans, Sarthe, France) and Marie Simonne Leprince (born ~1635 Bonnetable, France) who married Barbe Marie Valade (born 1641 St. Nicolas, La Rochelle, Charente-Maritime, France, married 19 Aug 1658 Quebec City, Quebec). They had at least 8 children:
(1) Pierre L'Homme (born ~1659 Cote la Ferte, Quebec, died 24 April 1736 St. Ours, Quebec).
(2) Michel L'Homme (born 9 July 1661 Chateau-richer, Montmorency, Quebec) who married (1st)Marie Drouet (married 5 July 1684 Montreal) and (2nd)Marie Marcot (married 21 April 1687 Neuville, Ponte-aux-Trembles, Quebec).
(3) Marie L'Homme (born 10 Nov 1663 Chateau-Richer, Quebec, died 8 April 1730 Lachine, Ile de Montreal, Quebec) who married (1st)Pierre LeMay (married 7 Aug 1679 Montreal), (2nd)Nicolas Ozannes (married 18 Nov 1680 Lachine, Quebec), and (3rd)Claude Sensar (Sansort) Picard Dumont (married 23 Nov 1705).
(4) Romain L'Homme (born 13 June 1666 Chateau-Richer, Quebec, died ~1685) who married Therese Drouet (married 5 July 1684 Montreal).
(5) Adrien L'Homme (born 4 Jan 1669 Chateau-Richer, Quebec).
(6) Barbe Marie L'Homme (born 2 July 1670 Sillery, Quebec, died 26 Aug 1711 Hotel Dieu de Quebec) who married Jean Lavoye (deLavoye) (married 28 Nov 1690 Neuville, Quebec).
(7) Madeleine Marie L'Homme (born 13 Oct 1673 Sillery, Quebec) who married (1st)Francois Poitevin (married 12 April 1706 Charlesbourg, Quebec) and (2nd)Thomas Shouldon (born London, England, married 1 Sep 1716.
(8) Francois Joseph L'Homme (born 22 Feb 1676 Cote la Ferte, Quebec, died 31 July 1676 Quebec City, Quebec).
Jacques Lampe (born ~1731 Pyrus, Diocese de St. Flour, Auvergne, France), son of francois Lampe (born Pevrusse en Auvergne, France) and Anne Passepont (born France), who married Marie Amable Raymond Passecampagne (married 12 May 1755 Fort St. Frederic, Beauharnois, Quebec). They had at least 3 children:
(1) Antoine Lampe (L'Homme) (born 16 Sep 1760 St. Mathias, Quebec) who married Marie Angelique Perrault (married 9 Feb 1784 Chambly, Quebec). They had at least 13 children.
(2) Pierre Joseph Lampe (born 26 Mar 1762 Chambly, Quebec) who married Ursule Gosselin (married 28 Jan 1788 St. Mathias, Quebec). They had at least 4 children.
(3) Ignace Lampe (born 31 May 1759 Fort St. Frederic, Beauharnois, Quebec, died 31 Aug 1759 Chambly, Quebec).
I am a descendant of Jean Pierre L'Homme Artois, but have lots of information on all of the L'Homme and D'Artois lines in Quebec and will do my best to help anyone who descends from these individuals. If any of you have L'Homme information to add and would be willing to share, please let me know!