De Kalb County, IL: Wallace L'Hommedieu was the same person as Wallace Holmes Graham
The two Wallaces named above each are recorded as marrying a Cornelia Graham. The question is whether two marriages occurred or whether the two Wallaces are the same person.
Wallace L'Hommedieu (b. 29 Mar 1880) was the son of Albert L'Hommedieu and Bell Graham. Bell Graham was the daughter of Amos M. Graham and Jennette Livingston. Bell L'Hommedieu is buried in Plano, Kendall County, IL - see http://www.findagrave.com/cgi-bin/fg.cgi?page=gr&GRid=42...
Cornelia Graham (b. 17 Aug 1879) was the daughter of James Graham and Annie McEachron. There is no record of a second Cornelia Graham.
Evidence to support that Wallace L'Hommedieu (WLH) and Wallace Holmes Graham (WG) were the same person:
1. WLH appears in the 1880 census with parents Albert and Nancy (Bell's middle name?). He is listed as aged 3 months and born in March. The census was taken in June. (Year: 1880; Census Place: Squaw Grove, DeKalb, Illinois; Roll: 202; Family History Film: 1254202; Page: 245A; Enumeration District: 42).
2. WLH and Cornelia Graham are recorded as marrying on Feb 19, 1903 (DeKalb Illinois Public Library, Waterman Year Book 004 1903 011)
3. WLH and Cornelia Graham are listed as obtaining a marriage application on Feb 18, 1903 in DeKalb County, IL (1891-1905 DeKalb County, IL Marriage Applications I-L: http://dekalb.ilgenweb.net/JoinerHistoryRoom/MarriageAppcnsI...
4. In a handwritten annotation within a genealogy of the Graham family, my grandmother recorded that Bell Graham married Albert L'Hommedieu and that they had two children: Wallace and Ethel May. She records that Wallace married Cornelia Graham and that Ethel May married Harry McCleery. She also records that Wallace and Cornelia had one daughter, Janet. These annotations all preserve the surname L'Hommedieu, as you would expect.
5. Ethel May L'Hommedieu and Harry Robinson McCleery announce their marriage on Dec 25, 1906 in Fremont, Indiana. (DeKalb Illinois Public Library, Waterman Year Book 004 1906 026)
6. WG is reported as born Mar 29, 1880. Compare to #1. ("History of the Somonauk United Presbyterian Church near Sandwich, De Kalb County, Illinois", p. 137)
7. WG and Cornelia Graham are reported as having married on Feb 19, 1803. Compare to #2. ("History of the Somonauk United Presbyterian Church near Sandwich, De Kalb County, Illinois", p. 137)
8. WG and Cornelia appear in the 1910 census with one daughter Janet. Compare to #4. (Year: 1910; Census Place: Squaw Grove, DeKalb, Illinois; Roll: T624_285; Page: 17B; Enumeration District: 0037)
9. WG and Cornelia (with daughter Janet, Annabelle, and son Wallace) appear in the 1920 census as adjacent neighbors to Harry McCleary and Ethel May (and their son Howard) (Year: 1920;Census Place: Fremont, Steuben, Indiana; Roll: T625_461; Page: 5A; Enumeration District: 153)
10. Ethel May and Harry McCleery appear in the 1930 census in Butler, DeKalb County, Indiana with children Howard D McCleery and Beatrice B McCleery (Year: 1930; Census Place: Auburn, De Kalb, Indiana; Roll: 585; Page: 9A; Enumeration District: 25)
11. Howard D McCleery married Mary Vejlupek in Cuyahoga Co., OH 16 Aug 1941 - and he gave his parents' names as Harry McCleery and Ethel M. Graham (Cuyahoga County Archive; Cleveland, Ohio; Cuyahoga County, Ohio, Marriage Records, 1810-1973; Year Range: 1941. License #86997).
I infer from these items that:
12. WLH and WG were born in the same month and year (March 1880). (#1 & #6)
13. WLH and Cornelia and WG and Cornelia were married on the same day in the same Illinois county. (#2 & #7)
14. WG and Cornelia gave their first child the same name as my grandmother understood was the name of WLH and Corneila's first child. (#8 & #3)
15. WG and Cornelia were likely known to Ethel May and Harry McCleery as they are neighbors in the 1920 census in Fremont, Indiana - suggesting that they moved together from De Kalb Co., IL for some reason.
16. Howard McCleery's understanding that his mother's name was Ethel M Graham implies that use of L'Hommedieu was not consistent.
Given all of this, I am of the opinion that Wallace L'Hommedieu, born in March 1880 is the same person as Wallace Holmes Graham, born that same month.