Search for content in message boards

Robert Lilly b. 1776

Replies: 1

Robert Lilly b. 1776

Posted: 4 Jun 2012 2:11AM GMT
Classification: Query
Edited: 10 Jul 2012 9:56PM GMT
Surnames: Lilly
I am looking for the Parents of Robert Lilly b. 1776 in Fluvanna County, VA.

I am related To Robert Lilly born in 1776 Fluvanna County, VA, he married Obedience Bridget Conley. They were married April 20, 1801. Monroe County West Virginia.

"Robert Lilly, of Fluvanna County, came to Montgomery while a boy, and married Miss Bridget Conley, a sister of Garland Conley, heretofore mentioned as a son-in-law of Henry Farley. In 1800 he purchased of William Ward ne [one?] of his surveys in the lower end of this county, and settled on it at or near the place where Andy Fowler now lives, near Chapmanville, in 1801. It is said that an Indian chief accompanied him from his old home in Montgomery to his new home in Logan and remained with him for some time. Lilly was the father of twelve children, six sons and six daughters. Of his sons, Thomas went wouth when a boy; Robert married married a daughter of Garland Conley; William was never married; John married a daughter of John Adkins of Kanawha and move to that county; James married a daughter of James Ferrell, and settled near the mouth of Big Creek; and Edward Bailey, who is still living, married Susan Butcher, a daughter of Joshua Butcher. Of his daughters, Elizabeth married William Thompson; Sarah married Garland B. Conley; Polly married Patton Thompson; Fannie married Simeon Payne of Cabell County; Dolly married Joseph Myer, and moved to Missouri; and Nancy died unmarried."

This is from
History of Logan County, W.Va.
by Henry Clay Ragland 1896

I can't find Robert Lilly's parents. Robert Lilly died after 1860. He was living in Logan county, West Virginia in 1860 according to the census. People say he is the son of Robert Lilly born in 1696-1810 but that is not true. According to History of Summers County, pub. 1906 by James H. Miller. Robert Lilly 1696 had 4 sons Thomas, Edmond, Robert and William. The Robert was born in 1720-1828. "Robert Lilly, one of these sons, died on Guyan River about the year 1828, at the age of 108 years" The book list all of The Original Robert sons children except Robert. So Robert Lilly 1776 might be one of his sons, but according to the history of logan county his son Robert was listed as Robert jr. Also the 1840 logan county census Robert as Robert Sr. His son Robert jr. If he refered to himself has a Sr. and his son Robert was a Jr. I don't think his father was Robert Lilly but I am not sure.

Please help sources would be helpful
Anything you can even if it is small would help
SubjectAuthorDate Posted
rocknrob1 4 Jun 2012 8:11AM GMT 
rocknrob1 11 Jul 2012 4:10AM GMT 
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | New Privacy | New Terms and Conditions