Search for content in message boards

Aaron and Arminta Lilly, Slab Fork, WV

Replies: 7

Re: Aaron and Arminta Lilly, Slab Fork, WV

Posted: 7 Nov 2009 7:28PM GMT
Classification: Query
Aaron and Armenta were an interesting pair. If you have access to the census you'll find them in the 1900 census listed as Armenta being a cousin and her children being second cousins. Also thanks to the West Virginia culture website I have a copy of their marriage license where they were married in 1906. In a later census, I believe the 1920 census showed her as a mother-in-law living with Levi. I also found Levi's death certificate and it showed his father as being Wash Lily which I think is short for Aaron Washington Lily. Also the 1910 census has Aaron listed as Aron.

Now as for Armenta though I cannot yet prove it I really believe that she is the daughter of Daniel Shrewsbury. Because of their close relations with the Lilly's.
I believe because Aaron and Martha never had any children of their own that I could find that he must have used Armenta as his "outlet".

Any work that is done on this line of the family seems to be breaking new ground. I will be more than happy to share with you any information that I find and hope that you will do likewise.

I hope to come in the spring and visit the Jenny Cole Cemetery as there are so many of our ancestors who are buried there. Also anything that you can send me on Fannie would be wonderful. I really only have information on Levi since he is my direct line in the family.

Wishing you good luck in your endeavors,

EL Lilly
SubjectAuthorDate Posted
orion212 28 Jan 2004 5:59PM GMT 
phyllisducks 5 Mar 2005 5:12PM GMT 
brikchic_1 7 Nov 2009 7:39PM GMT 
orion212 8 Nov 2009 2:28AM GMT 
brikchic_1 21 Mar 2010 11:55PM GMT 
orion212 22 Mar 2010 11:51PM GMT 
brikchic_1 23 Mar 2010 1:13AM GMT 
chersfmly 9 Mar 2014 5:25PM GMT 
per page