Search for content in message boards

more confusion William Lindley 1830's/40's GA

Replies: 0

more confusion William Lindley 1830's/40's GA

Posted: 20 Sep 2011 4:38PM GMT
Classification: Query
Looking for information on William Lindley:

William Lindley's widow Margret Elizabeth was given land in MS based on William's service in Captains Lucas and Mean's companies in the Georgia Militia during the "Florida War" (Indian Wars-1820-40's)... (just found these land bounty records and confirmed Margret's husband's name!)

Margret Elizabeth (age 30) is listed as head of household in the 1850 census for Winston Co., MS with the following children:
James Franklin age 13 born GA
Charles E. age 11 born GA
John age 9 born GA
Newton age 7 born GA
Mary age 5 born GA
Elisha Hamilton age 2 born MS

The family then moved to Noxubee Co., MS (next door to Winston) and is listed in remaining censuses (1860 up)
James, Charles, John and Newton were Confederate soldiers-Charles died in the war

James Franklin was living in the home of his son Charles Edward Lindley in Nox.Co. in the 1910 census. My grandmother was Charles' daughter Kittie Mae Lindley Taylor (b: 1900; d: 1975). My grandmother took several trips with her sister, Nannie, to visit family in Cobb Co., GA in maybe the 1940's and 1950's and she wrote to family there.

I have "The First Hundred Years" a book about the history and families of Cobb Co., Ga and the Lindley family names there match all the names here in MS --

What I need is the name of William's parents and a record of his marriage to Margret Elizabeth .. and her parents ...

Based on Margret's age in 1850 her birth year is around 1820, she married young and was married by 1837 (James' birth year).

Several Williams floating around marrying in GA about that time, but they all seem to be taken! Any ideas??

Find a board about a specific topic