Search for content in message boards

Crosslink To Post: "Mary M. LINDLY, daughter of Hector and Lucy A. ROPER, m Thomas MILLER on 28 Mar 1894 in Vigo County, IN"

Replies: 0

Crosslink To Post: "Mary M. LINDLY, daughter of Hector and Lucy A. ROPER, m Thomas MILLER on 28 Mar 1894 in Vigo County, IN"

Posted: 12 Mar 2014 1:05AM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: Miller, Roper, Tompkins, Lindley, Lindly
I just posted a transcription of the Vigo County, IN, marriage record of Thomas MILLER, son of Ruben --- and Milly TOMPKINS, to Mary M. (Roper) LINDLY, daughter of Hector and Lucy A. ROPER, of Pulaski County, IN.

Hector and Lucy A. ROPER seem to have been manumitted slaves, possibly formerly slaves of Revolutionary War Veteran David ROPER (b Oct 1755), of Pulaski, KY. This was the second marriage of both Thomas MILLER and Mary M. (Roper) LINDLY.

I thought that this marriage and my post might be of interest to the family of this LINDLY/LINDLEY family into which Mary M. ROPER previously married.

"Mary M. LINDLY, daughter of Hector and Lucy A. ROPER, m Thomas MILLER on 28 Mar 1894 in Vigo County, IN" (11 Mar 2014 5:50PM)
http://boards.ancestry.com/surnames.roper/1860/mb.ashx

I would encourage those with more information about Thomas MILLER, the unnamed LINDLY/LINDLEY husband or Mary M. (Roper) LINDLY to post it as a reply to this message or to the linked message posted at the ROPER Message Board.

Please note that this is NOT my branch of the ROPER family, NOT a central focus of my research nor do I have any direct personal knowledge of this family. I stumbled across this record (misindexed) while searching for something else and thought that a correct transcription of the underlying record might be of interest to descendants of either Thomas MILLER or Mary M. (Roper) LINDLY.

Find a board about a specific topic