Search for content in message boards

Thomas Opie and Opie Lindsay

Replies: 0

Thomas Opie and Opie Lindsay

Posted: 24 Aug 2006 5:21PM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: Opie Lindsay Gray Fries
Hello Board:

I'm researching the line of Robert Lindsay b. 1641 and the Rev. David Lindsay 1603-1667. Different Lindsay folks lay claim to Opie Lindsay/Joyce Austin and the DNA evidence tells us this can't be true.....unless there is something more to know!

My two references are Margaret Isabella Lindsay who wrote "Lindsay's of America" and Jo White Linn whose volume is "The Gray Family and Allied Lines". One of the "Allied Lines" is the Lindsay Family. Margaret doesn't document Opie very well and Jo Linn references MIL! (Not much to go on, is there!)

Thomas Opie is the son-in-law of Rev. David (husband of Helen Lindsay and only heir), so that is probably where Opie Lindsay got his name.

Opie Lindsay three sons were Robert, Thomas, & John. Robert is well documented but John (my line) is not. These guy's need sorting out, thus my post seeking help on what you might know.

I have one reference by Donald Whyte/Jo White Linn whose footnotes identify a Adelaide L. Fries who prepared a privately published manuscript for a Mr. and Mrs. Bowman Gray, 1932, "The Gray Family", which references John Lindsay, son of Opie. I can't find this reference and would like it as well!

I am seeking leads to sort these folks out!...thanks Bob

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | New Privacy | New Terms and Conditions