Effie Lokey

Replies: 1

Effie Lokey

Posted: 29 Jul 2010 11:34PM GMT
Classification: Query
Edited: 15 Aug 2010 11:30AM GMT
Surnames: Lokey, Marriott, Jones, Henry
Hi Jackie:

Just a quick note, I usually type because no one, including me, can read my writing.
I am enclosing a group photo of some Lokey’s and Marriott’s. I have the original framed and under glass so I can’t get to it to have a true copy made. Hope this one that I scanned into the computer works enough for you to get an idea of what they looked like. Allie looks like a nice young lady. I would judge this photo to be circa 1900. The baby is my maternal uncle. He was born in June, 1900.

Also enclosed is the wedding license for James and Dora Maude. She was quite young when they married. They were living in Washington County, Arkansas (Fayettville) in the 1880 census, and my grandmother, Efie Clyde, was born there in 1877, next was Sidney in 1879 then Allie in 1889. When the next child, Gladys, was born in 1889, they had moved to Purdy, MO.

The last item is a copy of an entry in the marriage records of Cuyahoga County, Ohio in which they record the marriage of Smith Jones and Cordelia Henry, Dora Maude’s parents. Nothing like combining anniversary and Christmas presents.

Hope you find this interesting. To me it a great feeling to find something new about my ancestors. I do not have access to national census information, our library has restricted it to adjoining states. We do have an LDS research room here but it is so crowded I seldom try to use it. Maybe Ican find someone on the web who could check out a Lokey bunch in Wisconsin during our lost time frame.

Will stay in touch via e-mail.

Regards,
NOTE:

I found the above with a google search. Would like to contact either of these people. Effie and James were my GGGrandparent.
SubjectAuthorDate Posted
jimmurphy34 30 Jul 2010 5:34AM GMT 
deanna44_1 13 Nov 2010 12:28AM GMT 
per page

Find a board about a specific topic