Search for content in message boards

John Lorah, Conrad Lora, John Conrad Lorah, Johannes Loureaux????? Pa

Replies: 0

John Lorah, Conrad Lora, John Conrad Lorah, Johannes Loureaux????? Pa

Posted: 28 Sep 2007 3:21PM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: Lorah Loureaux Lora
I am a descendant of Maria Magdalena Lorah and am trying to find out her father and her fathers father's name.
It seems to be a 50/50 split on her line when looking at webfiles. Half have Conrad Lora as her Father and his Father John Conrad Lora which would match with the Records in the Book Memorials of the Huguenots in America by Rev A Stapleton
.www.geocities.com/lydick_1999/huguenot/contents.html
However the dates aren't matching up. It states on page 58 " Several branches came to Pennsylvania. There was a Loreaux family located in Philadelphia prior to 1715. John Conrad Lorah came to Philadelphia in 1754. He was a man of prominence as also was his son Casper. Another son named Conrad located at Warwick, Lancaster county, soon after their arrival.

John Lorah located in Oley, Berks county, in 1737, and was one of the founders of the Reformed Church of that place. He died in 1768, leaving an honored posterity. John Henry Lorah arrived in 1753 and located in York county, where he died in 1763, leaving posterity."
A lot of trees have Conrad Lora/Lorah being born in Berks County in 1720 which would not agree with him being John Conrad's son who arrived in 1754.
There were also Laura/Lohra in the first settlements in New Paltz who came down the river to Pa.
Does anyone have any info which could help me figure out.
Is Conrad Lora/Lorah's Father John Conrad Lorah or George Loureaux. Some webfiles also have John Conrad Lorah's Father as George Loureaux. In trying to research Huguenot migration a lot of the descendants which were close to the Lorah's Bertolet and De Fevre came from New Paltz to Pa in the early 1700's
At this point I am confused any help would be appreciated.

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | Privacy | Terms and Conditions