Search for content in message boards

LOVING FAMILY IN KY

Replies: 8

LOVING FAMILY IN KY

Jerwyn Jones (View posts)
Posted: 8 Dec 2002 12:05PM GMT
Isaac, John and Gabriel Loving of KY appear, on the surface ,to be related. The first Loving in KY seems to be John Loving who appears in records in Madison Co 4-22-1789. In 1800 John and Isaac are on the tax list for Garrard Co which was formed largely from Madison Co. They are the only Lovings I could find in KY in 1800. On 3-9-1805 William Loving married Christina Riffe in Lincoln Co. The southwest corner of Garrard Co was taken from Lincoln Co. Family files on the internet show William as the son of Gabriel. This seems to place John (who might possiby have been the oldest of the 3), Gabriel who was reportedly born about 1750 in VA, and Isaac who was born about 1764 in VA.in the same vicinity in central KY in 1800 to 1805. By 1810 Gabriel (45+) is in Hopkins Co, John (45+) is three counties away in Warren Co, while Isaac (born abt 1764) is the only Loving remaining in the eastern half of KY., living in Jessamine Co. which joins Garrard Co on the north. I hope someone will know something about these 3 (and their possible relationship) and thus provide some clue as to the ancestry of Isaac Loving who is my direct ancestor. I have just begun to research the Loving line and know very little. I have seen files on the internet on Gabriel and his ancestry, but nothing on John or Isaac.

By 1830 Isaac had moved to Laurel Co and is living next door to sons Joshua and Nimrod. He and wife unknown had a daughter Milly (my ancestor) who was married to William Taylor on 12-7-1821 in Knox Co by minister Thomas Robinson. The Woods Creek area of Knox Co where Isaac lived became Laurel Co with the formation of Laurel in 1825. Isaac had 3 others daughters (per 1810 Census) about which I know nothing. Apparently Milly (who was 40-50 in the 1840 Laurel Census) died sometime after the birth of Elisha (about 1842) and before census taking time in 1850, because William and the rest of the family are in the 1850 Census but William has no wife.

William Taylor and Milly Loving had children Bartheny, Sarah, John, Nancy, Levicy, Levi, and Elisha. Daughter Sarah (my ancestor) married Alfred Garrett Whitt and their daughter Sophrania Jane Whitt married John R. Jones-my line. Taylor researchers might be interested to know that in the 1840 Laurel Census only the Caleb Philips household (which could have been across the road) is listed between William Taylor and the Nimrod Loving and Isaac Loving households, and also that William Taylor was a witness at the wedding of Joshua Loving and Syntha Henson on 1-11-1829. Unfortunately, I have not been able to find anything on William Taylor's ancestry.

Any information which could provide clues as to Isaac Loving's ancestry or on who his wife might have been would be much appreciated.

SubjectAuthorDate Posted
Jerwyn Jones 8 Dec 2002 7:05PM GMT 
Glovings 31 Dec 2002 1:02AM GMT 
Jerwyn Jones 31 Dec 2002 10:54PM GMT 
Glovings 23 Sep 2013 4:55PM GMT 
Glovings 31 Dec 2002 1:07AM GMT 
TammiZiccardi 8 Apr 2009 4:40PM GMT 
dannygilbert8... 10 Feb 2010 11:51PM GMT 
TammiZiccardi 12 Feb 2010 6:29PM GMT 
Rose Marie Mi... 21 Sep 2009 9:53PM GMT 
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | New Privacy | New Terms and Conditions