Search for content in message boards

Dickinson/Lucas

Replies: 0

Dickinson/Lucas

Posted: 7 Apr 2002 10:20AM GMT
Classification: Query
Edited: 20 Apr 2002 2:34PM GMT
Surnames: Dickinson, Brinkerhoff, Mundy, Fitz Randolph, Carman, Cranford
still have a brick wall re: my ggrandfather Charles Burns Dickinson, who's said to have had a brother, Zebulon. (Family lore) A sister, Mary, has also been mentioned. I ran across (& have misplaced my copy!) a newspaper article telling of a family reunion of Lucas family in Michigan. Zebulon Dickinson was mentioned as an ancestor, and I would be most grateful if any of you have any suggestions about this. Charles was b. in 1806, so Zebulon's birth would have been sometime reasonably close.

Family lore also notes his father as "John Dickinson" & his mother as "_______ Brinkerhoff."

I've been to all the Dickinson, Brinkerhoff, Michigan & Lucas sites I could find, w/o success.

Charles is said to have been born in NYC. He married Maria Louise Mundy 12/1836 in Metuchen N.J. 1840 census records note he had a store in Newark,N.J., and that Zebulon worked with him. Charles moved to Mobile AL, in the mid-1840's, where my grandmother was born, one of his 10 children.

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | Privacy | Terms and Conditions