Search for content in message boards

Lyford in California related to surname Menezes of Santa Maria and Martinez CA

Replies: 5

Lyford in California related to surname Menezes of Santa Maria and Martinez CA

Posted: 16 May 2012 7:24AM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: Menezes, Lyford, Fernandez, Viada, Donovan, MacDonald, Graban
I have a snapshot of what appears to be a family group or close friends taken in the backyard, plus three other snapshots from the same shoebox at the Graban residence. Some of those identified in pencil are Stella Lyford and T.D. Lyford or perhaps T.O.Lyford. Also legible are names, Chas. Viada and Virginia Viada, Mira MacDonald, Foss MacDonald, Gladys Donovan and Bill Donovan, Stella Lyford and T.D.Lyford. Based upon these names, the visual, and the age of the photo, then perhaps the parties have a family relationship. I think so. From the same source is another photo labeled as Rose Fernandez and Piedade Fernandez, with Winefred (Smiles) Weathers taken in Santa Maria. I'm guessing Santa Maria California. I'm guessing the Virginia Viada is the wife of the poultry or dairy worker Chas. from Pleasanton, Ca in 1930 who lived on First St. in pleasanton. Relatives, or friends, Bill Donovan and Gladys Donovan had a poultry farm in 1930 not far away in vicinity of Castro Valley, California. I think this Charles Viada might be Charles Francis Viada whose mother's maiden name was Menezes and these factors might ties these four photos together with what appears to be a senior photo of Mira Menezes of San Francisco who may have actually been Zulmira Menezes. Somewhat a long shot, this Chas Viada might be Charles Francis Viada an older brother of Mira whom, it seems, married a surname Graban. She lived in El Cerrito CA until she died. If you're sure you're in this family mix, let me know. I was told Mira Graban had no living children so figured I could find a relative to return the photo(s). It seems to me that Virginia Viada is a sister to Rose Fernandez and Gladys Donovan and Stella Lyford. I'm speculating based on the photos, the census, and a little evidence. A photo of a brick faced house at 290 Mason Street in Portland, Or is labeled Merwyn Hardens and seems associated with surname Menezes in this set. Lets solve this.
SubjectAuthorDate Posted
PHBADave 16 May 2012 1:24PM GMT 
PHBADave 18 May 2012 11:53PM GMT 
cindythorin 5 Aug 2012 11:31PM GMT 
PHBADave 6 Aug 2012 12:24AM GMT 
cindythorin 6 Aug 2012 12:58AM GMT 
cindythorin 6 Aug 2012 1:06AM GMT 
per page

Find a board about a specific topic