Search for content in message boards

JOHN LYNCH, FOUNDER OF LYNCHBURG,VA

Replies: 24

Re: John Lynch of Lynchburg, VA

Posted: 4 Feb 2013 3:12AM GMT
Classification: Query
Dear Linnie:
My initial comment should be edited. My great aunt (now deceased) speculated that our ancestor Ann Sophia Lynch was the daughter of Sarah Lynch whom she speculated married Archibald Runyon. Further research suggests that Ann Sophia Lynch is the daughter of Peter Lynch and Hester Ann Saffron. Nonetheless, my great aunt left me information she had written out from a book that was copyright 1936 by Douglas Summers Brown, mfg by J.B. Bell (sp?) Co., Inc., Lynchburg, Virginia. She didn't recall the name of the book. I tried googling it and found a title "A History of Lynchburg's Quakers and Their Meeting House" that fits that info. My great-aunt's notes begin with info about Michael and Margaret Clark sailing on the Glasgow in 1669 from Southhampton, England to Barbardos in the West Indies. Then info on their son Christopher Clark and wife Penelope Johnson Clark coming to Virginia in 1705; and then info on their descendants including Sarah Clark who married Charles Lynch; and then on their descendants including John Lynch (b 1740 d 1820) married Mary Bowles and their 11 children.
SubjectAuthorDate Posted
Sylvia Spaldi... 2 Feb 2013 9:18AM GMT 
RHLynch 2 Feb 2013 3:32PM GMT 
linnegravesto... 4 Feb 2013 3:39AM GMT 
Sylvia Spaldi... 4 Feb 2013 10:12AM GMT 
adayorkb 11 Sep 2013 5:46PM GMT 
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | New Privacy | New Terms and Conditions