Search for content in message boards

Greenock/Port Glasgow Mularkey/Malarkey/Millarky

Replies: 1

Greenock/Port Glasgow Mularkey/Malarkey/Millarky

Posted: 22 Feb 2011 4:12PM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: Mularkey Malarkey Milarky Calderwood Wilson
I am having trouble with the Mularkey/Millarky/Malarkey families in Scotland (never mind further back!) Anyone have any ideas. Here's what I know.

In my tree, I have a Margaret Calderwood - Born Greenock c1844. No one has been able to find a birth record, but her wedding cert (to Henry Wilson b. 1837 in Pt. Glasgow) had her parents as: Robert Calderwood and Margaret MULAKIE. Margaret Calderwood (Wilson)'s death cert (d. 10 Oct 1931 in Greenock/Pt. Glasgow) has her mother's maiden name as MULARKEY (as best I can make out).

Also, regarding her mother (Greenock Telegraph 8.1.1877): CALDERWOOD, Margaret Milarky, widow of Robert Calderwood, died at 23 Market St., Greenock on 8th Jan 1877 (Greenock Telegraph 8.1.1877) The death cert for her was signed by her son Edward Calderwood (this would be Margaret's brother). Someone has checked the census returns for them and not been able to find a trace of any Calderwood family with both Edward and Margaret as children living in Greenock or Port Glasgow even though neither of her folks were noted as "deceased" on the wedding cert.
SubjectAuthorDate Posted
ghloeber 22 Feb 2011 11:12PM GMT 
mulrineonline 16 Feb 2012 12:15PM GMT 
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | New Privacy | New Terms and Conditions