I'm looking for the first wife of James M. Manley. According to census records, James was born Mar 1833 in Illinois. Fayette County, Illinois is where he spent the latter years with his second wife Emma Caroline Rainey and their children.
Based on census records, James and his first wife had the following children:
- John W. Sep 1861 Illinois
- Thomas H Abt 1865 Illinois
- Betsy J Abt 1867 Illinois
- Henry W Abt 1870 Illinois
- Remy (?) Abt 1873 Illinis
- Maud Abt 1873 Illinois
- James M Abt 1875 Illinois
I cannot find James prior to the 1880 census. His son James was born about 1875 and he married his second wife in 1877, so I'm assuming his first wife died between those years.
Any help at all would be appreciated.